Past Meetup

4 Day Berner Oberland Glacier-trek

This Meetup is past

16 people went

Needs a location

Details

A wonderful 4-day trip of glacier hiking, five hours from hut to hut. Not only are the huts located in the most beautiful locations on the glaciers, but they offer the type of comfort you would not expect so far in the mountains. Enjoy each other’s company and the spectacular beauty of one of the natural wonders of the world.

Day 1.) Meet at the Jungfraujoch, rope up and start the glacier hike down first on snow and then on the hard ice of the Aletschgletscher. We climb the famous stairs 499 steps up to the Konkordia hut.

Day 2.) Hike over the Gruenhornpass down to the Finsteraarhorn hut the most remote hut in the Alps.

Day 3.) We continue down the Fiescherglacier to the Rotloch and head up to the Oberaarhorn hut.

Day 4.) From the pass we hike down to the Oberaarsee tot the Grimsel pass and take a taxi back to Meiringen.

Costs:

Private guiding fee CHF 2,720.00 (1 person)

CHF 1,495.00 (per person with 2 person)

CHF 1,083.00 (per person with 3 person)

CHF 928.00 (per person with 4 person)

CHF 795.00 (per person with 5 person)

CHF 706.00 (per person with 6 person)

CHF 643.00 (per person with 7 person)

CHF 600.00 (per person with 8 person)

Includes: guides fee, hut fee and half board in the hut.

Not included: travel expenses to the meeting place and during the tour, lunch, drinks, equipment or extras like souvenirs.

The meeting place is at 10:30am at Jungfraujoch Station. It is possible to get an early train from Zurich to be at Jungfraujoch but i propose we travel the night before and stay in either Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen. We finish in Meiringen at approximately 14:30 which is 2-2.5 hours from Zurich so no problem getting back for a well deserved beer! SBB have not confirmed train timetables for August next year so i will post more information closer to the time.

I realise this a long long way off but these dates take advantage of the public holiday on 1st August so less time off work required. The guide has confirmed this is his busiest weekend of the year hence the early organisation. I've provisionally booked 8 places with the guide until 31 October, shortly after that he requires 30% deposit and registration form. The remaining 70% is due in cash on the departure day.

I've provisionally limited the group size to 8, as this is the maximum per guide, however additional guides can be available if we want so please add your name to the waiting list if full.

New Joiners to this meetup

Please contact me ASAP to get the registration form and bank details to pay the deposit