addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Zurich Hike & Outdoor Message Board Zurich Hike & Outdoor Discussion Forum › Useful websites/information for hiking

Useful websites/information for hiking

Jemma
Jemma_
Zürich, CH
Post #: 3
Please only post links to sites that are helpful for people planning hikes or that give general hiking information. Any specific hike questions/issues/or new meet ups should be posted in a separate thread

I've started this thread as a number of people recently asked me to post the link to the site where I printed off my maps for free (yes such a thing does exist in Switzerland biggrin ) instead of having to pay 22CHF per 1:25,000 map.

wanderland - free maps in PDF format

This site is excellent and provides maps of different scales showing hiking, cycling, in-line skating and canoeing routes you can also select the option to show public transport stops.

Other useful sites -

wanderland - hiking info, trails and ideas

Info on Swiss hiking signage (In German)

Meteo Swiss - Weather info

SBB- timetable getting to and from your hike

Activity Workshop - Hiking info and other outdoor ideas

Equipment/Clothing

Bächli

Hajk

Intersport

Athleticum

Sport XX Migros

North Face

Mammut

Decathlon - France/Germany

I hope these sites prove useful to people and please feel free to add any other sites that are your favourites.

Jemma
smile
Sven
user 4466164
Zürich, CH
Post #: 45
Thanks Jemma! That is really useful information!

A former member
Post #: 3
thank you, indeed very useful!
OliverBosche
user 3039622
Zürich, CH
Post #: 4
Something else, but a great event
http://www.meetup.com...­