Happy New Year!
We're kicking off the new year with an ask me anything (AMA) meetup, the first of its kind. Doors open at 5:30PM, we start at 6PM.
We see this as an opportunity to cover more topics than usual and help you get started or improve your accessibility craft. What we discuss and the depth level is up to you. Whether it's tools, techniques, design, UX, development, QA or managing and setting up accessibility processes - this is a great opportunity to learn.
On the panel we have yours truly - the #a11yTO team - and a surprise guest *drum roll*... Marco Zehe, Accessibility QA Engineer at Mozilla. Marco is a 20-year accessibility veteran, frequent speaker and a wealth of knowledge which he shares at marcozehe.de (https://www.marcozehe.de/) for everyone's benefit.
On the #a11yTO team we have:
• Beth Sullivan, accessibility technical analyst at Scotiabank
• Monika Piotrowicz, front end development lead at Shopify
• Andrea Ong Pietkiewicz, senior interaction designer at TELUS
• Johnny Taylor, disabled web worker
• Joseph Mclarty, UI development specialist at City of Toronto
• Henri Helvetica, QA @ Forge Media + Design
• David Newton, front end developer at Shopify
• Oskar Westin, website communications supervisor at TTC
• Billy Gregory, senior accessibility engineer at The Paciello Group
• Patrick Dunphy, senior UI architect, accessibility specialist at CBC
• George Zamfir, accessibility specialist
We look forward to seeing you at the first #a11yTO meetup of 2016.