**Please let me know if you can bring footballs, soccer balls, cones, a frisbee, etc**
The time has come, once again, for a full day of outdoor fun in the arctic... united states.
The basic idea is playing games/sports for the entire day. We'll start at Buhr park, and as the day progresses, make our way to Veteran's park for some nighttime sledding!
All of the sports will be very friendly and open to beginners. If you don't know how to play, it's time to learn! We will likely make teams semi-randomly and redistribute players to keep teams even. Basically, the point is just to make it fun. I discovered last year that playing soccer in the snow really levels the playing field even if there are large skill gaps...
Here is the tentative schedule, stay tuned for updates. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know! Please come with something dark you can wear over your jacket, and something white you can wear over your jacket so that we can distinguish teams easily. (I'm going on the assumption here that you will need a jacket..)
1:30-5:00 at Buhr Park (2751 Packard Road)
• 1:30-3:00pm - The Snow Bowl (touch or flag football tournament in the snow)
• 3:15-4:30 - Public Ice Skating (Buhr Park Public Skating Information) $6 admission, $3 skate rental
• 4:45-5:30 - Soccer (Buhr Park)
• 6:00-7:30 - Dinner/Rest - Fraser's (2045 Packard Road)
8:00-10:30 at Veterans Park (2150 Jackson Road)
• 8:15-8:45 - Night tag - yep, the classic game of fun, agility, and speed, though we may throw in a few rules to keep it interesting. Last year was Pie Tag!
• 9:00-9:45 - Ultimate Frisbee. We will be playing ultimate using a light-up frisbee. Just remember to be careful as it will probably be semi-dark by this time!
• 9:45-10:30 - Sledding. If there's snow, we shall sled...so bring a sled if you have one!!!
• Has anybody ever invited you to join... The Pact?