addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Ann Arbor Adventure Club Message Board › Backpacking Isle Royale details!

Backpacking Isle Royale details!

Caryn ;.
user 3095678
Trenton, MI
Post #: 130
Between yesterday and today we have worked out a route... It appears we will not be backpacking more than 7 miles in any day... Most days it will be 3-5 and then doing day hikes! I am hoping that we could split up the tents... 2 person per tent... for the sake of weight... we have several water filters including 2 UV filters... Jason has kindly offered us his tarp for cooking/chilling on the rainy days... I have started for form a gear list but it is limited to those who have bought their tickets... As soon as you buy your ticket... let me know what kind of gear you would like to contribute...

We may also do backpacking hike training or a short overnight trip... any questions or comments you might have... please post them here!

David G.
user 10120954
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 22
There are some backpacking tents on sale at REI right now, still kinda pricey but you get that REI guarantee if you are a member.

Caryn, the video you posted is private so we cannot view it, you'll need to make it either public or unlisted (unlisted makes it where you need the link to find the video, you can not actively search for it.)