March 7-10 LONG weekend in North York Moors NP, Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay
This event has members RSVPing from our other AAA Regional Groups as well, so attendance is greater than it first appears on this page!
- Hiking the Cleveland Hills and riverside hikes along Rye Dale including the 12th-century monastery of Rievaulx Abbey
- Hiking through the heather and ancient woodland of the North Yorkshire Moors, a National Park since 1952
- Coastal routes around the Whitby and the beautiful Robin Hood's Bay (end of the coast-to-coast path and former home of the famous explorer Captain Cook)
- The ruined Gothic, overlooking the North Sea, Whitby Abbey was Bram Stoker’s inspiration for “Dracula”
- A fully catered event with AAA's famous home-cooked food
- Pop-up coffee shop and juice bar by award-winning barista Vadym Granovskiy
- 2-3 choices of hikes each day led by Experienced Leaders
WHAT TO EXPECT
AAA has hosted Hiking Weekend events for over a decade. We have a wealth of experience ensuring you will enjoy some great hikes and some great food.
Fully functional mobile coffee shop in our hostel.
Classic and signature coffee and freshly squezed juices, to add something special to our event.
You will have a choice of hikes, ranging from Moderate to Energetic. When we have three or more leaders we can also offer Challenging routes. AAA leaders have extensive navigational and hike-leading experience and are trained in wilderness first aid.
You will be able to choose between shorter hikes of around 15 km and longer more demanding hikes of 25 km plus. We will take the weather into account and offer routes on the day.
The event starts at the accommodation at 18:00 and finishes after the half-day hike on Sunday around 1 pm.
Please see the link for a full itinerary
Check what kit is required and more
We rented YHA Helmsley just for our group.
This is a very popular venue, in one of the prettiest market towns in Yorkshire, which has been refurbished to a high standard.
Accommodation is in male and female rooms for 4 & 6 people. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about twin and single rooms.
All of our famous AAA meals are home-cooked with options for vegan and vegetarian diets. Most other dietary requirements can be catered for if advised in advance. Meals are provided as per the inclusions below.
Driving is the best option to reach the Hostel. To request and offer a lift please check out this Event Message Board
The price includes:
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 3 Cooked breakfasts
- 2 Cream Teas
- Thursday light supper
- 2 Dinners on Fri & Sat
- 3 Packed lunches
- Choices of 2-3 Daily Guided Hikes by experienced hike leaders
- Compliance with the 2018 Package Travel Regulations including Financial protection.
The price does not include:
- Transport to the destination
- Alcoholic drinks and other incidentals
The trip is £229 per person.
Check out our 5-star reviews
Google, Facebook & TripAdvisor Reviews
MAKE YOUR BOOKING
Click Attend and confirm your place with payment to the bank details below.
Name: AAA LG Ltd
Account No.: 69543038
Sort Code: 60-09-02
Add Ref: 240307 (Add your meetup profile name)
Then email email@example.com to advise that you've paid.
If you have a question, check out our FAQ page
Details for cancellations & selling your space can be found via the Terms & Conditions
© AAA London Group Ltd 2023.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.