Meet between 5:20 - 5:30 pm. We launch on water promptly at 5:30 sharp. Kayaking 5:30 - 7:00 pm (Max of 14 people).
One of Meetup members favorite Meetup's! Come paddling w Joe and see why.
We've done dozens of these. Great for BEGINNERS and experienced paddlers! Joe is a great guide. Recommended for 30+ years old, but as always, open to all. Afterwards, we'll grab a beer or perhaps some Thai food.
KAYAKERS, Meet at NWOC, btwn 5:20 - 5:30. We START at 5:30 pm sharp!
(Free parking after 4:30. Allow for extra time TRAFFIC. )
Joe Staiano, [masked]. (not avail btwn 5:30 - 7:00 while kayaking)
IMPORTANT NOTES (please read): max is 14. Will have mix of double & single kayaks. Always pair any first-timer with a more experienced paddler in a double.
KAYAKING COST: Approx $18 per person sharing double. $23 for single.
TRAFFIC: Construction near Lake Union causes delays. Allow extra time.
ANSWERS TO FREQUENT QUESTIONS:
- OK for first-timers, YES
- Kayaks, paddles, life jackets included.
- Bring: Water, Sun cream, sun hat, DRY shirt / shorts for afterwards
- NWOC has bathrooms and changing rooms
- Persons with own kayak can launch from NWOC and join us. But, you MUST RSVP and send me a message on Meetup so I know you are bringing your own.
- We rent from NWOC, paddle 1 1/2 hours, and return kayaks to NWOC. After that, we return to cars to go for beer.
- Please answer RSVP questions
Note...* Great warm-up for Meaningful Trip kayak, snorkel, whale-watch trip in BAJA, Mexico in Feb 11-18, 2019. Meetup Members get $100 off! Join Joe and others in Baja!