This event was canceled
Trail (https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/summerland-panhandle-gap )
Total Length: About 12 miles
Elevation change: About 3000''
Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous
Pace: Social, Group stays together
Trailhead (Co-ordinates:[masked], [masked])
From Enumclaw, head east on Highway 410 for 43 miles to the White River entrance to the park. The trailhead parking area comes up quickly, just beyond the bridge over Fryingpan Creek. There is room for about 25 cars to park on the right in painted slots, and room for a few more along the shoulder on the left where the beginning of the trail to Summerland will be obvious.
Weather Forecast: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=46.8883666667&textField2=-121.611033333#.W4TcLi2ZN0I
06:00am - Eastgate P&R
08:30am - Start hiking
12:00pm - Lunch at Panhandle Gap
04:00pm - Back to Trailhead
06:30pm - Eastgate P&R
1. You and you alone are completely responsible for your own safety on this hike.
2. National or Mt Rainier Park Pass is required.
3. Be flexible on schedule, be polite, be safe, have fun!
4. Wear sturdy boots, have layers of clothing, poles (optional), bring plenty of water, snack, packed lunch, and anything else of 10 essentials (http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/ten-essentials.html).
5. Please bring $20 (includes entrance fee) for your driver and a bag for your muddy boots if you plan on being a rider.
6. Update your RSVP in advance if your plans change. In case of a waitlist, you may be asked to reconfirm your attendance -- non-responsive participants will be removed from the Going list. Two no-shows and/or late cancellation and you won't be able to participate in my future events.
7. Finally, please answer the question about carpool and add yourself to the waiting list until we have enough drivers. The trail has a limit of 12 per group. THANKS.
Disclaimer: Get Up Get On Out (GUGOO) is not a professional guide service. Our leaders function, as facilitators only, to enhance your outdoor experience. Reports of trail and weather conditions are based on best available information, are subject to change, and are no guarantee of fitness for any particular purpose or appropriate for a certain fitness level. You may join us on this hike at your own risk. Keep in mind that hiking involves risks and weather changes quickly in the mountains. You are responsible for your own safety and the more prepared you are, the better the chance you will remain safe. Signing up for any GUGOO organized event indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this disclaimer and hold harmless all GUGOO Organizers and Leaders in the event of injury or loss.