Have you wanted to try writing songs but lack the support system to drive you? Do you want to learn with others sharing knowledge and getting feedback on ideas with a collaborative group?
This is what we will be about. I have found that I get inspiration and motivation from helping and working with others. I am currently taking a new path where I will be focusing on songwriting and I am looking for others to share in this adventure. We will start by doing collaborative online sessions and then, as restrictions allow, move to in person group events.
I am not an accomplished songsmith with thousands of songs written or hit records. I do have a deep love of music, lyrics and prose and am proficient in creating music parts and ideas on guitar and other instruments. I also have a very good understanding of music technology and recording techniques. I want us to go on this journey together.
Here are the topics I will personally be bringing to the table to help others in our discussions:
• Basics of song structure
• My brainstorming/idea creation techniques
• Different writing tools and how I use them
• Different software and tutorials and how to set up your own recordings for capturing ideas no matter what device you have
• Helping you set goals for yourself that are reachable and exciting
• Getting you out of your mindset faced by many songwriters where you are your own worst enemy
• Help with creating tracks for your songs
• Being a positive influence for you which you will also be for me