addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Suggestions for On-Site Scrum Trainers?

Suggestions for On-Site Scrum Trainers?

Lacey
user 3459842
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
Hello :)

I was hoping a few members of the group might be able to recommend a trainer / facilitator local to Atlanta that would be able to provide Scrum training to a group of people at our office. The group's projects are design and front end development focused and experience with Agile varies (I don’t think anyone would consider themselves an expert). We are hoping to have a 1 (maybe 2 at the most) day session, ½ covering the basics and ½ addressing how we can begin to implement Scrum across all projects in our group (specific tactics focused for our projects/group, not just general suggestions).

I know I can just use Google and get a few names but I was hoping perhaps someone here could recommend a trainer/expert they’ve used or know someone who have used them and thought they were helpful.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Lacey
Tim H.
user 28413932
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Hi Lacey,
I've used 2 different companies:
1) VersionOne - my company used VersionOne to train our staff (onsite) and we also sent a couple people to them for CSM training

2) XOJOM - I attended a couple 1-2 data trainings and they also arranged for a CSM training that I attended.

I know there are several other trainers in the area and you should get some more recommendations.
My suggestion would be to gather several the recommendations (from the responses). Then contact and interview them to find a trainer that will meet your needs.

Tim
Andrew M. F.
afuqua
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 7
I can do this for you. I can do a 1 day very experiential agile-immersion approach. I also have a 2-day agile bootcamp course that I could deliver. I'll be happy to talk with you about them and give you references. It would make sense to begin with an assessment of the current situation and needs so that the course can be tailored for the team. I'd be happy to talk this through with you.

Andrew Fuqua
andrew at andrewfuqua.com
www.andrewfuqua.com
A former member
Post #: 43
Agile Distributed takes car of your all round agile activities. Do visit and contact us.