An agile approach can help to bring content into the digital age. Learn what worked for the Government Digital Service (the team behind GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/)), the Telegraph newspaper, and DigitasLBi, one of the worlds largest digital agencies.
Lana Gibson: creating a data culture in GOV.UK - content analytics for everyone
Lana will explain how she got past data fear and boredom in her team, and worked out how to get everyone using analytics in a way that fits GOV.UK’s agile environment. She’ll share quick and easy analytics checks that team members can use to find user needs and ensure that GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/) is meeting them. You’ll see examples, tools, and techniques to improve your own content and measure its success.
Learn to use analytics to:
• find user needs
• work out how content is performing
• improve content
Lana is a quant user researcher at the Government Digital Service.
Alex Watson: Jump-starting mobile at the Telegraph
In the first weeks of his job as Head of Mobile for the Telegraph, Alex started a series of agile-style experiments around mobile websites and apps. Learn how agile techniques can help a long-established organisation like the Telegraph to embrace mobile audiences.
Learn how to:
• Figure out when to solve a problem with technology, and when to solve it with content
• Use A/B testing to fix a huge range of problems
• Ruthlessly prioritise—while keeping your colleagues on board
Alex is Head of Mobile for the Telegraph.
Michael Exon: agile content in the global automobile sector with DigitasLBi
In this case study, Michael will show how the DigitasLBi team used a cross-disciplinary agile approach to design a global automobile company’s digital property. Learn how an agile content approach:
• speeds up project delivery
• helps bind project teams together
• enables close client collaboration
Michael is Lead content strategist at DigitasLBi.
• 6:00pm Doors open, get a drink
• 6:30pm Welcome activity
• 6:50pm Lana Gibson: Creating a data culture in GOV.UK - content analytics for everyone
• 7:10pm Michael Exon: Agile content in the global automobile sector with DigitasLBi
• 7:30pm Break (get a drink)
• 7:50pm Alex Watson: Jump-starting mobile at the Telegraph
• 8:10pm Interactive panel (chance to ask questions)
• 8:30pm Exercise: apply one of the talks to your work
• 8:50pm Drinks and informal networking
• 9:30pm Event ends
Ask questions, meet people, share your ideas
After the talks you’ll have a chance to ask speakers questions, meet people in informal moderated activities, and share your ideas about agile content. Stick around!
Our venue: DigitasLBi in Brick Lane
DigitasLBi is a global marketing and technology agency that transforms businesses for the digital age. We’re grateful to them for hosting this month’s meetup at their Brick Lane offices (google map (https://goo.gl/maps/4XWfw)).