5:00PM - 2015 NZGDA Elections & AGM
The Annual General Meeting, including Election of Officers, for the New Zealand Game Developers Association. WG Building - Level 10*
5.50PM NZ AURAL TALENT (https://soundcloud.com/pigstygames/sets/nzgda-local-talent)
6.10PM OUTSMART: HOW WE MADE BLOODGATE
NZ's newest game export is Blood Gate (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.west.BloodGate&hl=en), a mid-core action RPG on mobile, backed by publishing heavyweights DeNA. This free to play title comes from Outsmart - who are known for SmallWorlds, the casual virtual world played by 25 million.
Key learnings in prototyping, negotiating publishers, game design, art approach, and technical development will be shared by 4 seniors from Outsmart. By uncovering their methods, they are excited to offer several applicable ideas for your projects.
• Shaveer Mirpuri - Studio Director
• Gustav Seymore - Head of Design & Production
• Steve Salmond - Senior Developer
• Andrew Muir - Senior Artist
6.40PM OPEN MIC
Got a problem, a bug, a job vacancy, an opportunity, an event? You've got a minute each to shout out.
NZGDC and KiwiGameStarter and announcements.
7.00PM NETWORK, SHOW YOUR GAME & BE REFRESHED
• Bring along your #KiwiJam15 games for people to play.
• Bring along games to play - including games you've worked on in game jams - and be refreshed with pizza.
• Discuss GDC 2016 (San Fransisco) and what you need to get there.
• Tell Ben what else you want from NZGDA.
Follow us over to Metrolanes Bowling, upstairs in the Metro Centre next to Aotea Square.
A big thanks to our sponsors ATEED, CALLAGHAN INNOVATION, IBM, AUTODESK and PIGSTY.
*If the venue changes we'll let everyone know through this meetup page in the comments section.