Let's enjoy an evening stroll along Cameron and Holmes Runs!
● What we’ll do:
- From the Cameron Run Regional Park parking lot, we’ll head west along the Cameron Run Trail, merge onto the Holmes Run Trail and walk northwest through Tarleton Park to the footbridge across Holmes Run. At the bridge we’ll cross over into Ben Brenman Park and walk around the lake, and then recross the bridge to the Holmes Run Trail and retrace our steps to Cameron Run Park.
- The route is slightly over 2 miles and should take about an hour. The surface is paved throughout, with only minor elevation changes. This is a very easy walk.
- Google map: http://tinyurl.com/hwz3s6r
● How to get there:
- Driving: From the I-495 Beltway (eastbound), take exit 176B for Virginia 241 N/Telegraph Rd/Eisenhower Ave toward Alexandria. Keep right at the fork and follow signs for Eisenhower Ave. Make a slight right onto Stovall St., then the first left onto Eisenhower Ave. Cameron Run Regional Park is on the right about a mile and a half west on Eisenhower Ave.
- Metro: Cameron Run Park is between Eisenhower Station and Van Dorn Station and is easily accessible by DashBus. See the Dashbus trip planner: https://www.dashbus.com/
● What to bring: Water, comfy shoes, and your furry friend if desired (leashes, please).
● Weather: The forecast is cloudy and a high of 77F, with a slight (5%) chance of showers and 7 mph NW winds. Sunset is at 7:54 pm, and civil twilight ends about 30 minutes later. Updates: http://tinyurl.com/lggnwga
● Advisory: As a reminder, this is an adult group, and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety and well-being during events. No one under 18 years of age is allowed at this event, either as members or as guests, to include babies in carriers and/or strollers.
● Administrative stuff: There are restrooms and drinking fountains at Cameron Run Regional Park and Ben Brenman Park.
- Cameron Run Regional Park, 4001 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304. http://tinyurl.com/kvthcp9