You are invited to join Moshe and the Alive in the Wild community for a high vibration weekend in the woods! Meet others devoted to conscious living, and join forces to create something bigger than yourself!
The retreat will take place the first weekend of fall, in northeast Georgia at Black Rock Mountain State Park, at their secluded pioneer camp Tsatu-Gi. No camping experience or tents are necessary.
We'll have performances, classes and talks, led by attendees just like you! All attendees are encouraged to take part in the co-created experience by hosting an event or bringing food to share.
Some events we're envisioning:
- Conscious Dance
- Guided Nature Hike
- Yoga classes
- Art classes
- Bonfire & Drumming
- Music Jam
- Fascinating talks
- Fantastic food contributions
- And much more!
Accommodations are four 3-sided shelters with 8 bunks each (bring a sleeping pad or twin air mattress, and sleeping bag or warm blanket), or you can bring a tent and camp.
Campsite has an outdoor water tap, two private pit toilets, and a cold shower. Main cabin has microwave, fridge and big table, but no running water inside. Attendees may bring own food or participate in communal meals. Camp stoves and coolers are helpful for avoiding contention for the microwave and fridge.
Please acquaint yourself with the AITW Principles and Rules of Conduct before you arrive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xlJFxVJu_r6EAv_QGezSaZbH3DuNxhKsLRELHldrI2A/edit
RSVP now to stay informed about the latest updates regarding schedule, carpooling, and more. To register visit: https://forms.gle/GrcLM3mqPQkEJsLL8
Open to Alive in the Wild Meetup members only. Capped at 40 attendees. Each guest must register individually. No pets or children, please. Registration fee is nonrefundable after 9/1 but may be applied toward a future event.
Attendees may sell products at the event for an additional $20 fee.
WHAT TO BRING (required items):
- If in shelter: Twin size air mattress, sheets, and warm blankets.
- If tenting: Tent and sleeping setup (bag & pad)
- Pillow for sleeping
- Ear plugs & eye mask (optional)
- Cushion (or low profile chair) to sit on
- Close-toed shoes preferred for safety
- Warm clothes, Jacket (nights get cold and shelters are open)
- CLEAN soft & cuddly clothes for cuddle party (long sleeves & pants)
- Spare change of clothes for ride home
- Rain Jacket (or umbrella)
- Toilet paper and hand sani (bathrooms have no running water)
- Medications, supplements, and first aid
- Sun protection (sunscreen, hat)
- Bug spray (permethrin for clothes, deet or herbal for skin)
- Yoga mat, yoga blanket
- Book, Journal, or other "unplugged" activities if desired
- Reusable water bottle (water tap on site)
- Reusable bowl and eating utensils
- Head lamp w/red light mode (ideally), or other light source
- Low-prep, shelf-stable food for self (two of each meal). Microwave and fridge will be in high demand.
- Camp Stove & cooking vessels (if you have)
- Signed Waiver: https://bit.ly/2Il5qUb
WHAT TO BRING (recommended / optional items):
- LOCAL firewood (do not transport firewood).
- Food to share (meatless and non-refrigerated preferred).
- Gifts, teas, etc to share
- Drums, musical instruments, shakers, etc.
- Items to add to a shared altar.
- Tarps or ground cloths
- Outdoor lights, ideally battery powered.
** YOU MAY ATTEND ONLY IF YOU ARE RSVP'D YES AND MARKED PAID **
You can check your status by finding your name in the attendees list.
Please plan to arrive Friday between 3 and 8 pm (allow an extra hour during rush hour). After you enter the park, you'll hit a T in the road. Go Right toward the cottages, and make a Right after the first cottage, onto PIONEER RD. Follow the gravel road all the way to the end, where you will find Camp Tsatu-Gi ("tsa TOO ghee").
Please email questions to [masked] or post them in the discussion below. Thanks!