This national recreation trail follows the steps taken by botanist William Bartram in the 1700s. It passes through forests of great biodiversity in North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina.
We will be hiking about 17 miles of the Georgia section, which includes waterfalls, lush forests, great views, and an ascent up Rabun Bald, Georgia's second-highest peak. The hike is moderate to strenuous, ascending almost 4000 feet and descending about 5000.
The backpacking trip will begin Sunday afternoon and end Tuesday afternoon. Attendance is limited to 3 participants. All experience levels are welcome, from beginner to advanced.
Moshe Jacobson, trip organizer and leader, has backpacked over a thousand miles of trails and camped hundreds of nights in the wilderness. He is a certified Wilderness First Responder, certified Leave No Trace Master Educator, certified National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Outdoor Educator, and experienced life coach.
To apply for this trip, email [masked] and describe your experience and fitness level to the best of your ability. Moshe will provide ample preparation assistance for all attendees.
The cost to register for this trip is $400 per individual and includes:
◦ Expert instruction on gear and food selection before the trip.
◦ Expert instruction on wilderness preparedness.
◦ Comprehensive gear and food check before leaving.
◦ Trip planning and coordination.
◦ A printed waterproof copy of the trip map.
◦ Access to Moshe's comprehensive backpacking packing list with extensive commentary.
◦ Access to Moshe's list of lightweight backpacking food suggestions.
◦ Assistance through the emotional challenges that often come up during the hike.
◦ Instruction on nature photography techniques as desired.
◦ Instruction on backcountry cooking techniques as desired.
◦ Instruction on Leave No Trace and all backcountry best practices including what to do when you don't have a bathroom!
Once Moshe has approved you for this trip, you must submit your payment to hold your space. Please remember that there are only three spots available in total.
Please click here to submit your payment: https://cash.app/$jehsom/400
Thank you and please feel free to contact me directly with any questions at [masked].
See you on the trail!