addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The DC Alternative Health Meetup Group Message Board › Music for life! A show this Friday.

Music for life! A show this Friday.

A former member
Post #: 15
Help us revolutionize the live music scene by coming to our show this Friday! Both of us are classically-trained professional composers who have taken a little turn and now write and perform startlingly unique and vibrant "pop" songs. Well no, not pop. Jazz, maybe, folk, some 1930s German cabaret influences. Sort of Kurt Weill meets Tom Waits meets Nico meets Bach. Go figure. My "band" name is Stormy Laughter, and Jonathan's is Thintap Woosdap.

In our shows, since we are both happily settled raw-foodists, we try to smuggle in exotic fruit and I almost always make some gourmet raw treat to share (since I am a chef at heart, depsite my whole food proclivities...), and in general we try to promote an atmosphere of life and humanity and authenticity, to counteract the "chill"/"hip"/self-d­estructive/artificial atmosphere that is unfortunately still pretty prevalent in the indie/pop/rock scene.

So! Friday September 28th, 9 pm,
here
In DC there is no indoor smoking allowed so that, luckily will not be an issue!

To hear our music, click on these links:

My raw and wry songs for the throngs!

Jonathan's heartfelt communications to all non-native Earthlings, of which I am one...