addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone. I'm new to Ann Arbor and am looking forward to coming to one of the D&D meetups. Unfortunately I found this group today otherwise I would have been there yesterday. I won't be able to make the September meeting because I will be at a Tigers game, but I will definitely be there for the October Meetup. I am new to D&D. I used to play in junior high but have not played in years. Well, i have been playing All Flesh Must Be Eaten and the Zombies Board Game for the last few years. I recently bought a 4e players handbook so if anyone plays 4e on the weekends let me know. I'm going to buy the Dragon Age starter kit so I can play that in October since you no longer run 4e. Let me know if anyone does Dragon Age on the weekends as well or if you are into All Flesh or Zombies. I just want to get back into playing regularly again but can only do weekends for the time being.
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 219
Hi Dave, and welcome to the group!

If you want to check out Dragon Age before buying into it, you can get the free Quick Start Guide linked in my thread about the game. It has everything you need to know to play a character, although not quite enough to create one yourself. Not that I am against paying for the game. I'm a big fan of it thus far and believe that the game and Green Ronin are well worth supporting. However, if you can check it out for free and make sure that it's to your liking before investing, so much the better! wink

I don't think anyone in the group besides myself is currently running an active 4e game outside the meetup, and mine is on Tuesday nights and currently stuffed to the brim with 6-7 players most weeks and 8 when everyone shows up. However, if you want to check out the system, some of the guys that played Dragon Age with me at the meetup this month have also expressed interest in 4e. I would be glad to make arrangements in advance to run a 4e one-shot on month you can all attend so that you can check it out.
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm really digging Dragon Age so far. I havent played a game yet but it seems like it flows well. Im looking forward to playing it at the October Meetup. Too bad your group is full. Let me know if you know of anyone that is interested in running weekend campaigns of either Dragon Age or D&D 4e. I'm eager to play both and want to play soon. Wish I could go to the Septemeber Meetup.