addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Teen Game Campaign Notes

Teen Game Campaign Notes

Alex S.
user 110534022
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 3
I will be able to host the 14th meeting, but I will be unable to attend the 28th
Rafael
user 14096141
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 22
Brennen and I should be available on both days.
Peter J.
user 12275327
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 37
Reminder: Teen Group meeting is this Saturday (tomorrow), at Alex's house. See y'all there!

Cheers,

-Peter
A former member
Post #: 7
Are we still having it today? Snow may cause commuting difficulties esp. to Alex's house and the departure may be even more difficult. sad
Peter J.
user 12275327
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 38
I'm planning on going, and I just spoke with Rafael and he'll be going. It's not supposed to snow all night, and it doesn't look impassable here, so I think we'll be fine if we drive slowly and carefully.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

-Peter
Rafael
user 14096141
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 23
Brennen has had at least one friend, and perhaps a second, express interest in joining the group. We should probably decide how big of a group we should plan on working with, and what we should do once we hit that ceiling (break off into two groups?) Any thoughts?
Alex S.
user 110534022
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 4
Two more should be fine, I am also friends with these two.
Peter J.
user 12275327
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 39
Currently we have 5 players. The "ideal" number is 4 (at least, that's what the game is designed for). I don't have a problem with adding more, but I agree that once we hit about 8 it would be better to split into two groups.

For now, have them contact me and we'll work them into the regular game.

Cheers,
-Peter
Peter J.
user 12275327
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 40
Ok, quick summary of last game for those forgot, or just want to know:

The party retreated from an ambush and hid in an extra-dimensional space crated by Andrezea's Rope Trick spell. After resting the night, the party discovered a strange plant-creature waiting for them at the exit of the Rope Trick. After failing to communicate with it, combat ensued, and the party was victorious.

In the room were found many brains in jars, which the party figured out how to operate, to communicate with the poor souls trapped in the jars. Most of the people had gone insane, but the brain of the former Mayor of Illsmarsh was discovered among the jars, and he was semi-lucid. He clarified that the Neighbors Down Bay, who are creatures called skum, had a long standing agreement with the folk of Illsmarsh. The skum took all the second and third born daughters of Illsmarsh to raise skum young. In return, the skum provided good fishing, some protection, and occasional treasures recovered from the lake bottom.

Recently, the skum had accidentally summoned some Mi-Go from the Dark Tapestry (outer space). The fungus creatures called Mi-Go quickly took over the skum encampment, and started killing both skum and Illsmarsh townsfolk. Their alien technology is responsible for all the skum and human deaths, and the brains in these jars.

Furthermore, the Mi-Go are actively working on summoning their God from the Dark Tapestry, so it can destroy this planet. It is still unknown what the Whispering Way has to do with this, but the Whispering Way messenger the party is pursuing has still not been located in the skum/mi-go lair.

Moving on with new purpose (to save the world!), the party then successfully ambushed their ambushers from the previous day. Some horrifying machinery used for disposing human corpses, machinery built by the mi-go, was found, and the party destroyed it.

The party then moved on to the final room, the mi-go laboratory where strange apparatus was being used to summon the mi-go god. Part of this apparatus was being used to infect the Whispering Way rider the party has been pursuing with slug spawn (a.k.a., the Moits of Shub-Niggurath, the mi-go god), in an attempt to make a connection with their god. The party is just in time to witness the Whispering Way die a horrible death at the hands of the mi-go, and turn into a Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath.

The party fights a fierce battle with the Dark Young, while outside the room they can see the lake above fill with tentacles and other parts of the god Shub-Niggurath itself. Steve is killed by Sauburn in an insanity driven attack. Andreaze is also driven insane, but manages to use his Heal scroll to cure himself before causing any harm to others. Ultimately, the Dark Young is killed, and it gets sucked back into the Dark Tapestry along with all those it was grappling with.

Fortunately for Summer, she had transformed into a huge sized creature herself, so she was too large to drag into the Dark Tapestry. Unfortunately for Sheriff Anders, he was dragged into the Dark Tapestry with the dead Dark Young, and at best he is presumed dead.

After the battle, Steve was raised from the dead using a Breath of Life scroll. The party quickly searched the room, before the dome collapsed and filled the caverns with crushing water pressure.

A note from the Whispering Way rider was found, explaining that he was to exchange the Seasage Effigy for the Raven Heads mace (which the party found earlier in the skum lair). The not further explains that the messenger is to then meet up with his counterpart in Caliphas, where the Carrion Crown will finally be completed. The message is signed by "A.A.".

The party quickly exits the collapsing tunnels, and must now decide on it's next move.
Peter J.
user 12275327
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 41
REMINDER:
NO MEETING DECEMBER 28th. Alex could not attend, and possibly others as well, due to the holidays. So we'll have our next meeting as usual in January.

Next time we meet, I assume you will be heading to Caliphas, which is a large city. Using Summer's Transport via Plants, or other spells from other party casters, you will get there in short order.

SO:
If Rafael can total up any gold from selling loot (assume the usual 75% sale price) and let everyone know, you can do your shopping before the next meeting.

Regarding the insane woman the party rescued from the skum lair: with Sheriff Anders gone, nobody will talk to you about where she has gone. You are feared by some in Illsmarsh, respected by others... most people are still confused about what happened to the town. You suspect the woman has been taken in by her parents, but you will need to investigate if you want to find out more. It's pretty obvious that nobody in this town has the ability to cure her of her ills, but they might find a job that she can do... or they might tie her to the Tern Rocks to die... who knows. It's up to you to investigate if you wish, or move on.