addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Non-D&D Game Night?

Non-D&D Game Night?

Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 124
The group that showed up last night had a good time and were talking about doing it more regularly on nights that the establishment is not quite so crowded.

Would anyone else from this group be interested? It would be once or twice a month, most likely on weeknights, although the particular day could be variable. The Corner Brewery in Ypsi would probably be the venue. It worked very well last night even with the bar was crowded and loud, plus it has the added bonus of outdoor tables for warm summer evenings.

Roleplaying games would not necessarily be out of the question, but the goal would be to focus on those that are more accessible and less involved. Some more complex games like Arkham Horror would be fine, although more likely candidates would be along the lines of Munchkin, Bang!, Illuminati, Shadows Over Camelot, or even "traditional" games like Monopoly or Yahtzee.

If you are interested, please post here or drop me a line and I will update with plans when something gets finalized.
A former member
Post #: 3
Wait--you mean less involved RPGs like one-shot games of Paranoia, Pandemonium, It Came From The Late Late Late Show, Toon, and WWF?

Personally, the only Monopoly I could stand was a homebrewed variation involving roving street gangs and superpowers.

Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 126
Personally, I'm open to anything. My thought was mostly board/card games that can be played in an hour or less, but whatever people are cool with and willing to bring and run is fair game. smile

This week and next are totally shot for me due to a large school project I wasn't aware of until last night, but I think I will plan a game night for the first week of April and see how it works out.

Any days in particular you would prefer? Thursday is out for sure, and Tuesday is variable, so it would probably be Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
Jean O.
meowpurple
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 2
Hi,

I know I'm new to the group, but would love something like this!

Recently we've been highly entertained by Redneck Life (an interesting twist on the classic game, I can bring it if you like) but I love learning new games as well... after all, how else would anyone find any of the great games.

Any day should be fine so long as there's some notice.

^.^
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 128
Hi Jean, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to the group. smile

There is an attempt at this scheduled for next Friday (April 3rd) at the Corner Brewery in Ypsi. There is another post with details here­.

There has not been much interest so far, other than yourself and Fiscassia. However, Kali and I have a few friends from the area who will probably come, and a couple of the guys from my Sunday D&D game who are also meetup members will probably attend if they are free that night.

Depending on how it works out, we will hopefully be doing it again in the future, so I hope to see you there!

I see that you're a member of a bunch of other meetups too. We might check a few of them out, as they are things we never thought to look for groups for but might be interested in. Are you planning to attend the Ann Arbor Tech meetup gathering tonight, by chance? My writing teacher was nice enough to give an extension on this week's paper since he confused us all by saying nothing was due, so I'm going to check it out.
Jean O.
meowpurple
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 3
Hiyo!

Sorry... I wasn't able to make it to the Tech meetup as I'm kinda stranded at home (vehicle issues)... But I'm hoping to be able to make it on Friday though...

Yeah, all the great meetups in Ann Arbor kinda makes me wish I lived a little closer ^.^

Hope to see you Friday!
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 129
Well, I would say if I had known that earlier I would have been happy to offer you a ride out to the tech meetup. However, as it turns out, I had my own self-inflicted vehicle issues (apparently they need gas to run or something crazy like that...who knew?) and ended up not making it anyway. Go figure. tongue

At this point, I am expecting somewhere between 4-8 gamers on Friday if the people who expressed interest here are able to make it. There could be more as well, but finals are coming up in a couple of weeks and a lot of people are working on term projects and starting to cram, so we are not likely to get a huge turnout. Perhaps that's just as well so everyone can join in the same game(s).

Hope to see you there!

Brian