addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › 4e Game for August - Reverse Dungeon Crawl

4e Game for August - Reverse Dungeon Crawl

Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 145
For August, I am going to dust off my reverse dungeon crawl and run it again. Players will take on the role of monsters that band together to stop those pesky PCs from ransacking their dungeon home.

Most of the regular faces around the table have changed since our last foray into the other side of dungeon-based adventuring, and I will tweak things a bit and add a new surprise or two for those who have played it before.

Fans of old-school D&D will find a several familiar elements mixed into the adventure, along with reflections of the newer editions as well.

I will provide a set of pre-generated level 3 characters, but you are free to make your own with the following guidelines:

• Must be 3rd level.
  • Must be a playable monster race published by Wizards of the Coast. Note - Playable races from MM1/MM2 and "monster" races that have also been released as PC races (such as drow, gnomes, and shifters) are acceptable, as are the new DDI-only Revenants.
  • You may choose one magic item up to level 5 for free.
  • Feats, powers, and items must be chosen from official WotC source material (no 3rd-party, please). Powers and items published in the new Hero miniature packs, Dragon magazine, and other officially published sources are fine.
  • You have 520 gp extra that you can spend on mundane equipment, potions, alchemical items, reagents, or an additional level 1-2 magic item if you prefer.

Let me know if you have any questions, and hopefully I'll see you there!

Brian
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 146
Jim, Dennis, or Miriam - As far as I know, Mark still does not have his login info for the meetup site. If you see this message, can you please update the front page (which still says "no 4e game for April"!!) with the following:

2) D&D 4.0 - Reverse dungeon crawl. See message board for details.

Thanks!
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 147
Couldn't tell you about available spots. Nobody signs up for my games since it's not an ongoing campaign, so I tend to get the overflow from the other tables. I try to take everyone, even if it means a huge game, but that has become problematic with more than 8 players around a big table in a crowded room with two other games going.

For this month, I think I am going to limit my group to 6 players with a maximum of 8 on a first come, first served basis. I will bring some other games in case there is still overflow, and perhaps others can do the same, so people can still play something even if no one else is equipped to run D&D.
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 148
Just wanted to give a heads up that we may not be able to attend this month after all. I will certainly be there if I can, but due to some unfortunate news we got late yesterday, we might have somewhere else to be that day.

I will post and clarify one way or the other once we know for sure what is happening and when.
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 152
Updated first post with details for August since I was not able to attend in July. Same basic idea, just one extra stipulation and a bit of re-wording.