May 3, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Let's do an after-work walk around this beautiful lake. The walk is about 3 miles and we'll end it at the Oakland Museum of California food trucks. We will go at a relaxed pace. Bring water and wear sunscreen/hat; most of the walk is in the sun.
The plan: meet at 6 in front of the Lake Chalet Restaurant, about 10 min walk from Lake Merritt Bart. Get to OMCA about 7:15. Eat, drink and be merry.
Our starting point at Lake Chalet is 5 blocks from Lake Merritt Bart. The end point at OMCA is 1 block from Bart. Street parking also available. If you're driving, give yourself 5 extra min to find parking.
The trucks take cards. OMCA runs a beer/wine bar that I believe is cash only. Here are more details from Off the Grid event FB page https://www.facebook.com/events/613820045299254/
Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA!
Location: Oakland Museum of California (1000 Oak Street in Oakland)
Parking: Onsite underground parking is available
Public Transportation: Oakland Museum of California is located one block away from the Lake Merritt BART station
This Friday's Vendors:
An the Go
Ebbett's Good To Go
Five Ten Burger
The Creme Brulee Cart
• Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden featuring Linden Street Lager, Trumer Pils, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and wines from Raymond Vineyards, Rock Wall Wines, Acacia Vineyards, Louis Martini, and MacMurray Ranch.
• Hot cocoa bar featuring specialty liqueurs
• DJ spinning from 5-6:30pm
• Dance class from 6:30-7pm
• Band playing from 7-9pm
• Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 -8pm @ the Koi Pond Level
• Makers and Tasters Series from 6-8 pm
• OMCA Store pop-up in the Koi Pond area
• Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions.
I don't plan to visit the museum, but you are welcome to do so. It's a wonderful place and the $6 Friday night tickets are a steal. Galleries are open until 9pm. http://www.museumca.org/friday-nights-omca