Observational Astronomy Workshop Part 2:
This workshop will be a continuation of the workshop that I ran on April 14th. In this workshop I'll be providing the basics of observational astronomy as well as some advanced topics. If you didn't attend Part 1, you'll still get a lot out of it :)
- How to effectively read and use star charts (including finding the coordinates of any object).
- Star chart orientation - what telescope companies and books don't tell you.
- Understanding star/object brightness/magnitude.
- How to calculate magnification and true field of view and why this matters.
- Why field of view circles are your key to mastering starhopping
- Observational astronomy targets - what to view beyond the popular targets and why this is critical to keeping your motivated and interested.
- Using Stellarium (free astronomy software) to predict deep sky object/asteroid/comet/satellite conjunctions.
- Filling the gaps that limit amateur astronomers in their pursuit of observational astronomy.
- Q&A (Ask me anything).
During this session I'll also be transferring to you a variety of astronomy quick reference guides that I've created that will enhance your learning and journey.
Below is the link you'll need:
Look forward to seeing everyone soon :)