addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Philadelphia Atheists Meetup Message Board Philadelphia Atheists Meetup Discussion Forum › Be happy you're not this crazy.

Be happy you're not this crazy.

A former member
Post #: 4
I'd like all of you to meet Gabrielle Chana the new leader of modern existence. I stumbled upon this website trough a friend on Facebook, to put it lightly she takes delusion to a whole new level. Her website explains that she somehow the secret wife of Vladmir Putin and Brent Spiner (Yes the guy from Star Trek). I can't even begin to explain how crazy she is, or even fathom the craziness on her site. I'm shocked to say this but she makes some religious folk look normal. Have a look for yourself at how delusional she is, she explains how dangerous religion actually is. She apparently is the future leader of the free world, but still maintains her job as a cashier at walmart.

For whatever reason, reading her website scares the heck out of me.
George
george05
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 465
There are dozens of sites like that - this page from RationalWiki is pretty good: List of Internet kooks
A former member
Post #: 548
Interesting post Jason,

However, i am really not scared by the website you provided. I don't think the website is going to get much of a following. The site is very clutterred and disorganized.

What i worry about is the more organized forms of crazy. One example is the following video. The video has not gone "viral" by any means. But, videos like this can make crazy beliefs without real evidence, seem almost rational.

I really see organized religion as bring the main threat for distructive craziness in our world.

Best wishes and efforts, Scott(y)
Janice R.
janicerael
Clayton, NJ
Post #: 395
I was having a tough morning but looking at the crazy-ass website made me feel better about myself. Why do crazy people have such terrible websites? This is worse than Time Cube.
A former member
Post #: 1
WOW... There's a guy in a "Jesus Truck" (a motor home with crazy biblical references painted all over it) that parks at an empty store down the street from my house. He's harmless, but obviously loony, and until now was the craziest I'd seen. Thanks for the chuckle.
A former member
Post #: 5
I was having a tough morning but looking at the crazy-ass website made me feel better about myself. Why do crazy people have such terrible websites? This is worse than Time Cube.

Telling from Gabrielle's website, she is clearly delusional to the point of no return. My other theory is that she is schizophrenic. Her views are clearly crazy, but to her they're completely normal. She really seems to believe she's had (sic) mind sex with Brent Spiner.

Luckily though, she is quite harmless so putting her into a mental hospital would be pointless. She's not violent or dangerous, only just dangerous to herself.
A former member
Post #: 549
Gabrielle has created one the craziest video's ever --> http://www.youtube.co...­ . I am not sure whether she will ever find sanity.

Can people this delusional find friends? Never really met him face-to-face. But, has a brain-to-brain relationship? Telepathy? WTF! Mega! Crazy!

A former member
Post #: 6
Gabrielle has created one the craziest video's ever --> http://www.youtube.co...­ . I am not sure whether she will ever find sanity.

Can people this delusional find friends? Never really met him face-to-face. But, has a brain-to-brain relationship? Telepathy? WTF! Mega! Crazy!

They have a nice padded white cell for people like her. tongue
Anne H.
thebat137
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 348
The reason why people like this make terrible websites is the Dunning-Kruger effect. They have no idea that the rest of us think their sites are crazy and terrible. They think they're doing something great and important, and if they have any inkling that there might be something wrong, they repress it in order to preserve their self-esteem.

That said, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of sitting around and snickering at this person. If she really is mentally ill, she needs treatment, not mockery. And even if she's not mentally ill, it's still pretty cruel to target someone as powerless and pathetic as her with unfriendly laughter. Let's save that for the powerful assholes who are actually fucking up our world, not the harmless internet kooks.

If we're going to talk about stuff like this, let's let it be with compassion and concern for how to help people who get trapped in this kind of mindset, instead of with jeers.
A former member
Post #: 2
The reason why people like this make terrible websites is the Dunning-Kruger effect. They have no idea that the rest of us think their sites are crazy and terrible. They think they're doing something great and important, and if they have any inkling that there might be something wrong, they repress it in order to preserve their self-esteem.

That said, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of sitting around and snickering at this person. If she really is mentally ill, she needs treatment, not mockery. And even if she's not mentally ill, it's still pretty cruel to target someone as powerless and pathetic as her with unfriendly laughter. Let's save that for the powerful assholes who are actually fucking up our world, not the harmless internet kooks.

If we're going to talk about stuff like this, let's let it be with compassion and concern for how to help people who get trapped in this kind of mindset, instead of with jeers.

First off, very very well said! I agree that she is delusional to the point where she believes this is her reality. I can feel empathy for her, she is very sick and obviously very lonely. I suppose these delusions she's created were her way of fighting the feelings of inferiority that she has. I never quite thought of it the way you've stated it, I did laugh at her briefly due to how incredulous her claims are. But the way you've said I feel as if someone should help her get out of this mental funk she's put herself in.