Christmas is over, the New Year has arrived - let's all have a fun afternoon of gracefully gliding over a crystalline surface on some razor-sharp blades of death! I've actually never gone ice skating before, so if you've ever wanted to witness me falling on my butt, now is the perfect opportunity.
Feel free to bring guests of all ages. Some info from the Steinberg Skating Rink website:
- $6.50 for adults, $5.50 for those 12&under
- Admission is valid for entire day. You can skate all day for one admission.
- Free for non-skaters. You only pay admission if you are skating.
- $3.00 for skate rental--you may bring your own skates
- We have hockey and figure skates available in sizes that run from a toddle size 6 up to an adult 15.
- We accept cash only. We do have an ATM available on site.
Bonus science fact of the day: "In the past, scientists believed that either pressure or friction melted the ice, creating a water lubricant that allows skates and pucks to slide. Berkeley chemist Michel van Hove has done calculations which show that skates and pucks do not generate enough pressure to instantly liquefy ice. Instead, ice has a "quasi-fluid layer" that coats the surface of ice and makes it slippery. Even ice that is 200 degrees below zero Fahrenheit (-129 Celcius) or more still has this layer. ~Science of Hockey