Saturday, April 12th, 2014 10 AM – 6 PM
Sunday, April 13th, 2014 10 AM – 5 PM
Location: University of Southern California. The booth number 162 (same location as last year).
Once again Atheists United will sponsor a booth at the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/). The festival will be held on the University of Southern California campus on Saturday, April 12 and Sunday, April 13.
The festival began in 1996 with a simple goal: to bring together the people who create books with the people who love to read them. The festival was an immediate success and has become the largest and most prestigious book festival in the country, attracting more than 140,000 book lovers each year.
The Atheists United booth will host several atheist authors who will be autographing their books. Below is the authors’ appearance schedule:
Saturday, April 12 • 10am – 12 pm: Sikivu Hutchinson signing Godless Americana: Race (http://www.amazon.com/Godless-Americana-Race-Religious-Rebels/dp/0615586104/ref=la_B004PCFRTS_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395445326&sr=1-2)and Religious Rebels (http://www.amazon.com/Godless-Americana-Race-Religious-Rebels/dp/0615586104/ref=la_B004PCFRTS_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395445326&sr=1-2) and Moral Combat: Black Atheists, Gender Politics and The (http://www.amazon.com/Moral-Combat-Atheists-Gender-Politics/dp/057807186X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395445279&sr=1-1&keywords=Moral+Combat%3A+Black+Atheists%2C+Gender+Politics+and+the+Values+Wars)Values Wars (http://www.amazon.com/Moral-Combat-Atheists-Gender-Politics/dp/057807186X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395445279&sr=1-1&keywords=Moral+Combat%3A+Black+Atheists%2C+Gender+Politics+and+the+Values+Wars).
• 12pm – 2pm: David G. McAfee signing Mom, Dad, I’m an Atheist: The Guide to Coming Out As A Non-believer (http://www.amazon.com/Mom-Dad-Im-Atheist-Non-believer/dp/1908675047/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395444290&sr=1-3&keywords=David+G.+McAfee) and Disproving Christianity And Other Secular Writings (http://www.amazon.com/Disproving-Christianity-Secular-Writings-revised/dp/0956427685/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395444272&sr=1-1&keywords=David+G.+McAfee).
• 2pm – 4pm: Steven Paul Leiva signing Traveling In Space (http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Space-Steven-Paul-Leiva/dp/0615478506/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395445343&sr=1-1&keywords=Steven+Paul+Leiva) and Searching For Ray Bradbury (http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Ray-Bradbury-Writings-Writer/dp/0615758428).4pm – 6pm: David G. McAfee is back for a second signing.
Sunday, April 13
• 10am – 12pm: Jim Christopher, founder of Secular Organizations for Sobriety, signing How to Stay Sober, Unhooked, SOS Sobriety and Escape from Nicotine Country.
• 12pm – 2pm Steven Paul Leiva is back for a second signing.
• 2pm – 5pm Milt Timmons signing Lucifer’s Handbook (http://www.amazon.com/Lucifers-Handbook-Simplified-Critique-Religion-ebook/dp/B003DKJBWM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397228314&sr=1-1&keywords=Lucifer%27s+Handbook), Regarding An Angel’s Flight (http://www.amazon.com/Regarding-Angels-Flight-Milton-Timmons-ebook/dp/B0035WU3YS/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397228343&sr=1-2&keywords=Regarding+An+Angel%27s+Flight), 2084: A Tale Of Post America (http://www.amazon.com/2084-America-William-M-Timmons/dp/1438908857/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397228381&sr=1-1&keywords=2084%3A+A+Tale+Of+Post+America) and Everything You Wanted To Know About The Bible But Never Had Time To Look Up (http://www.amazon.com/Everything-About-Bible-That-Never/dp/1401069002/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397228421&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Everything+You+Wanted+To+Know+About+The+Bible+But+Never+Had+Time+To+Look+Up).
Visitors to our booth will find free literature including copies of our newsletter, Rational Alternative, brochures and a variety of displayed items for sale: atheist books, bumper emblems, lapel pins and DVDs. We will offer visitors a sign-up sheet and business cards for those who want to know more about AU and wish to attend an upcoming meeting.
The Festival of Books also includes nearly 300 exhibitor booths representing booksellers, publishers, literacy and cultural organizations selling and promoting books and book-related merchandise and distributing related information and free gifts. Many of the independent booksellers participating in the festival represent the diverse ethnic and cultural communities of Los Angeles and sell books of different languages and genres.
Tickets & Admission
General attendance is free ($10 parking). For information on attending, see the Frequently Asked Questions page (http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/fob-info/).
Parking at the University of Southern California will be $10. Please go to the Getting There page for a detailed map (http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/fob-info/).