addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Joomla Admin Panel

Joomla Admin Panel

Meredith K.
user 54170882
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Sorry- I think I posted this to wrong place the firs time.

I am hoping that one of the very smart and experienced Joomla users can help me with a very odd problem. One of my sites has developed a strange behaviour. When I try to log in to the admin panel, an unusual login screen appears. There is no field for the user name, only a password field and this doesn't work. Anytime someone trys to put a password in, it doesn't open the admin site, BUT it does create a user (the same one repeatedly) in the database. How do I know this? Because my partner in Denver can access the correct admin login screen and when he logs in, he can see this. AND, it gets even more interesting. He can only access the correct screen when he is at home. He gets the same incorrect screen when he is elsewhere. He thought it might be a DNS propagtion thing, but this has benn going on for almost 2 days. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks, Meredith
Meredith K.
user 54170882
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
For anyone who read my post, thank you. We discovered that it was a firewall issue and the IP address in Denver had been white listed.