addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › I need 15 minutes of help getting started with ROR

I need 15 minutes of help getting started with ROR

Peter F.
PeterFranconi
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Anyone have 15 minutes this week to help me get started with ROR? I'm having issues connecting to the server and haven't been able to find anything helpful on stack overflow or other sites regarding my error.

I'm new to ROR so I'm sure it's a simple fix but was hoping to have some questions answered as well. I'll buy you coffee as pay for the quick fix. I'm open to meeting at any coffee shop in Buckhead or Midtown before or after work.

Thanks,
Pete
Sam S.
samsm
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 19
Try #atlrug on irc.freenode.net. Or #rubyonrails for that matter.

I wouldn't mind giving some time to help, but the time and place coordination seems daunting to me.
Peter F.
PeterFranconi
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Thanks - I'll try both and see if I can find a fix.

If you have the time, I'd really appreciate your advice as I start out. I just moved to Atlanta and am between jobs so I have plenty of time. I'm happy to share my Google Calendar and if you name a time/place I'll buy you coffee or a drink. I'm eager to get cracking before the next MeetUp.

Thanks,
Pete