Nov 19, 2009 · 6:45 PM
Georgia Tech ATDC
Tales from the Trenches
So you want to bootstrap a startup? Wouldn't it be nice to know the trials and tribulations that you might experience, and learn how others handle them? If so, this night is for you.
This month we are going to do about 45 minutes of presentations -- three (3) ~15 minutes each -- and then an hour of Q&A.
Featured Startup Entrepreneurs
We'll have three startup entrepreneurs on deck, each with a different local business and each with a story to tell. Derrick Peavy (@derrickpeavy) of College Classifieds will discuss his business, his maniacal focus on statistics and how that focus has led me to be able to improve his results. Wei Yang (@wei_yang) EasyAutoSales.com will discuss how watching his costs have helped him survive during lean times, and how and why their strategy has changed since inception. Vince Martin (@vince_martin) of BigCrumbs.com will discuss the people factor and how human unpredictability can impact your business plans and often force you to revisit and/or change your business model.
Evening AgendaOur agenda for the evening will be as follows:
- 6:15pm - Early Registration (for those not prepaid via PayPal)
- 6:45pm - Networking
- 7:00pm - Meeting opens
- 7:05pm - Group News & Announcements
- 7:15pm - Derrick Peavy - The CollegeClassified's story
- 7:30pm - Wei Yang - The EasyAutoSales.com story
- 7:45pm - Vince Martin - The BigCrumbs.com story
- 8:00pm - Break
- 8:10pm - Open Q&A Session
- 8:50pm - Closing Comments
- 9:00pm - Networking (Optional)
- 9:30pm - Drinks/Dinner at Gordon Biersch
Note we'll be ending a 9pm but will allow for networking until 9:30pm after which those interested can head over to Gordon Biersch on Peachtree for drinks and dinner.