For our December event, we're doing something a little different than usual. Instead of a formal presentation, let's have a holiday party! Our goal is to foster better social connections within the group and spark collaboration between members. Here's what you can expect at the event....
6:30pm - Arrival, Socializing, and Snacks
Rather than pizza, we'll have some holiday snacks available (both salty and sweet). And as usual, there will be plenty of beer and water on hand.
7:00pm - Short "Open Mic" Introductions
We'll go around the room and let everyone share something with the group. This won't involve standing in front or preparing slides. Also, it's totally optional! But if you want to share, here's some stuff you could talk about:
• Who are you / What do you do?
• Your recent or current game-related projects
• Notable mobile or web games you've played lately
• A quick game dev tip or trick you're excited about
• Anything you'd like to see addressed in future meetups
• Thoughts on Austin's mobile/web game dev scene
• Types of people (if any) you'd like to meet for collaboration
7:45pm - More Socializing
Usually, there's not much time for people to hang out after the presentation wraps up. This time, we'll try to end earlier and give folks a chance to linger. This is your opportunity to ask fellow attendees to elaborate on whatever they shared in the "open mic" portion!
Supported by Midnight Studios:
Thanks to generous support from Midnight Studios, this event will include free snacks and beer. Midnight Studios is an Austin-based AAA game development studio founded by industry veterans. They're currently working on a new (unannounced) game title. For more info, please visit: