addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Aussie Meetup (for Australians in New York) Message Board › Touch Footy (a.k.a touch rugby)

Touch Footy (a.k.a touch rugby)

Gerald
user 64795692
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Our friends at Pier40 Touch are planning to organise a touch footy competition running through Spring.

I have met a few expats that were interested in playing touch in the past so please let me know if you would be interested in putting a team together for this competition.

I am more than happy to lead a team so please let me know by replying on this thread then privately message me your email address if you are interested in joining the team. Please repond before May 12th.

Alternatively, you can register as an individual and you will be placed in a random team.

For more info on the event, like the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook....­

Individual registration here: https://docs.google.c...­

US touch footy rules here:
http://www.usatouch.o...­

Details of the event are as follows:

Pier40 Touch League Spring2013 - Intro

Welcome! Pier40 Touch will be organizing a Spring 2013 Touch League, and we would like you to submit a team! We are still determining details, but a basic summary is below.

How the league will work:
- Games will be on Tuesdays or Thursdays, between 8:30 PM and 10PM
- Games will be approximately once a week, possibly sometimes twice
- Teams should have 6 players minimum, 14 players maximum
- Admission will be approximately $150-$200 per team; that amounts to roughly $20 per person or less
- The league will last approximately 6 weeks, starting May 14th
- Teams should be co-ed, though not required; we plan to emphasize each team should have 2 girls on the field at all times
- There will be a finals, with a winner and final standings
- Teams will provide referees, who will be coached by league officials to encourage consistent rules
- Game rules will be based upon FIT rules: http://www.usatouch.o...­

What you need to do by May 12th:
- Create a roster with 6-14 players and their associated email addresses (players will be initially subscribed to the NYRC email list for rugby events)
- Choose a primary team contact
- Choose a team name
- Choose two team colors (your game wear should be approximately these colors)
- Be prepared to pay the admission fee of roughly $150-$200 via paypal or cash (details to follow)
- Send all of the above information to pier40touch.springleague2013@gmail.com and receive a confirmation of your registration

What will happen:
- Game schedules will be sent shortly before May 14th, but expect to play either Tuesdays or Thursdays between 8:30PM and 10PM
- You will receive precise league rules, game rules, and admission details as soon as they are available (in the coming days, updated here)
A former member
I'm keen on this!
A former member
Post #: 8
What sort of standard are we talking? Pretty social or super competitive?
Gerald
user 64795692
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Its pretty social but you can expect some of the guys to take it seriously.

From my point of view, it will be a social standard but winning is obviously more fun than losing so it would be nice to have a competitive :)
Gerald
user 64795692
New York, NY
Post #: 3
We have 8 (maybe 9) so far. Looking for 6 more.

Jasmine
user 46282682
Brooklyn, NY
Please count me in! Thanks!
Gerald
user 64795692
New York, NY
Post #: 4
We have a team! Game on!