addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Knitting and Crocheting Meetup Group Message Board Help! › Where to shop for yarn/supplies in Austin area

Where to shop for yarn/supplies in Austin area

A former member
Post #: 96
You can find yarn, needles, books and other supplies at any Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

If you're looking for higher quality and more expensive yarns, here are stores in the Austin area:

Hill Country Weavers
1701 S. Congress Ave., Austin
512-707-7396
(South Austin/Downtown area)

The Knitting Nest
160 West Slaughter Lane, Suite 200
512-291-8866
(South Austin)

Gauge Knit
5406 Parkcrest Drive, Austin
512-371-9300
(Central Austin)

Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe
2800 E. Whitestone Blvd., Suite 127, Cedar Park
512-259-4646
(Cedar Park)
A former member
Post #: 4
I'd be happy to help you as well! biggrin
www.Sandrasingh.com
877/519-1693
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Nanny Judy A.
NannyJudyAdams
Leander, TX
Post #: 7
And does anyone know if the Yarnbow is still around? Personally, I haven't been out there in a long time,....but it may be another option.
Lynn
user 3100228
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
Yarnbow has a nice selection, particularly of Noro, Lorna's Laces and Debbie Bliss, but it's an extremely good idea to call ahead before making the trip out to Lakeway. I know quite a few folks (including myself) who have gone out during regular business hours only to find the shop closed.

I believe that Fire Ant Ranch is in the process of moving up to Georgetown - pretty acessable for us north-siders.
Nicki
NickiM
Lexington, VA
Post #: 107
If you want to take a nice drive south of Austin, Old Oaks Fiber Ranch in Wimberley has a good selection, too ..... you can even buy yarn off the cone by the ounce .... plus they offer weaving classes and looms of all kinds.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all! Just opened Yarnorama, a yarn/fiber shop in Paige, just 45 miles east of Austin right off Hwy 290. Check our website for news and directions - www.yarnorama.com. We've got lots of yarns, fibers and spinning/weaving tools, with more coming in every day. Have a really nice selection of the wonderful locally produced fibers and handpainted yarns. Lots of classes are coming in March, including beginning spinning, rigid heddle weaving for knitters and handpainting sock yarns.

Look forward to seeing you all, and hope you will come our way on your next yarn crawl. (We would be a lovely early morning or mid-day stop, as we will have a cafe with great Ruta Maya coffee, fresh bakery and sandwiches.
A former member
Post #: 3
the Yarnbow is still around and has limited hours...10 - 2 most days. they have a website and you can order from there and pick up at the store if its more convenient. she is really easy to work with too. that's where i get alot of my yarn and supplies since it's literally within a mile of me. :)

http://www.yarnbow.co...­

Address:
YARNBOW
1607 Ranch Road 620 North
Suite 800
Austin, Texas, USA

Phone: (512) 535-2332
A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone know where to get 100 % Angora yarn?