addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Knitting and Crocheting Meetup Group Message Board Current Events › Want to help on an art installation?

Want to help on an art installation?

Ashley
user 10037007
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Hello fellow yarn aficionados!

I am doing a textile installation for this art festival in October:

Art Outside 2010

Some friends and I are going to outfit a 24-foot tall tent with as many giant flowers, trees, mushrooms, bushes, leaves, hanging piece of ivy, lanterns, and hammocks as we can crochet, knit, or sew in the next three months. (So that it looks like a oversized garden made out of yarn and rope.) If you would like to help on the project, then send me a message! Or, if you’d just like to contribute a favorite giant, puffy flower or some leaves (or any other garden-type items), then that’s great too! We’ll include them. Just shoot me a message, and we’ll figure out the best way to get them from you. I'll get your e-mail and keep you posted on prgress and send you picturessmile

Acrylic yarn would work best. It will be fully covered from rain and such, but still outside. Plus acrylic holds shape and is super cheap! Bright colors are also best. (Not so much pastels or neons.)

Thanks!

Ashley
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Ashley! I am definitely interested in adding some knit flora, et al. to this project, sounds like a lot of fun. :) Let me know what I can do?

Thanks, and excellent idea!
Anna
A former member
Post #: 729

Sounds like a delightful project. I can't wait to seee the result.
Ashley
user 10037007
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Thanks! yeah for sure... we'll post photos smile