Hi Austin Noders!
We've got a great lineup forming for this month! If you have a talk you'd like to add to the lineup, reach out to Matt Walters ([masked]) and propose a talk! Lightning Talks at 5 to 15 minutes in length. Feature Talks are 30 to 60 minutes. We'll record you, put your video on our YouTube channel, and get it on our soon-to-come website! If you have questions or would like help with your talk, join our slack and ask!
Feature Talk – Andrew Rhyne – Easy Peasy Realtime APIs with GraphQL, Google Cloud Platform, and Terraform
The best tools produce the best products for the least effort and keep you from working long nights. GraphQL is arguably the best tool today for building complex APIs at scale, including real-time APIs that stream data to the client. Terraform is arguably the best tool for getting your backend systems deployed to the cloud in a repeatable and hermetic manner. In this talk, we will be combining these technologies to show how you can build and deploy a robust, self-documenting, real-time API on Google Cloud with as little effort as possible.
Lightning Talk – Greg Kopyltsov – Serverless Puppeteer For Fun and Profit
Puppeteer is a nifty little tool that puts an API on top of headless chromium & can help with testing or scraping SPA websites, generating screenshots & PDFs of webpages, automating form submissions and whatever else you can think of! Hopefully, I'm not the only software engineer that fancies myself a virtual batman - keeping virtual Gotham city free of bugs and code smell. If you too are a digital caped crusader, then Puppeteer is a tool that you're going to want hanging on your virtual utility belt!
We'll be meeting at the very-welcoming office of Proof, downtown. Parking and validation available! Thanks to Proof for hosting! It's going to be a great event!
- Proof will be validating the parking for the event.
- The parking garage is located at 508 Brazos St. and called “Littlefield Parking".
- Bring your ticket into the meetup and we will have someone validate it for you.
Finding the Proof office:
- The Proof office is located at 200 E. 6th St #310.
- It’s on the north side of 6th street between B.D Rileys Pub and Friends bar.
- You’ll see a sign that says “Hannig Row”. That’s the office.
- Chris, one of the cofounders of Proof, will be at the door letting everyone in.
- Look for a guy wearing a “Proof” t-shirt and the sidewalk sign that says “Node ATX”
See you there!