Location visible to members
Automating Developer Workflow
Before your code makes it to the remote repo, what should happen? How could it happen? What does that look like? Does it play well with virtual runtime environments (e.g. Vagrant, Docker).
Boyd Hemphill of Victory CTO will show how he is using CircleCI in a Lumen application to:
• Check for code style (PSR1, PSR2) with PHPCF
• Check for messes with PHPMD
• Run unit tests using a database and some Lumen goodness to make it fast
• Check for code coverage to fail the build with 30% or less.
• Show off a pre-commit hook that does all the above before a commit is logged (also mention the --no-verify and --amend switches)
• Show off a pre-push hook to show it likely the build will succeed remotely if the code is pushed.
If you are still awake, Boyd can show:
* PHP Storm + Lumen + PHPUNIT is as easy as a right click.
* Use of debugging (xDebug) to remove the need to clean up your print_r statements after the code parade.
This presentation will be deeply technical with much code on screen. Bring your questions and your reading glasses.
Join the Austin PHP Slack Channel: https://austinphpchat.com
Like us on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/AustinPHP)!