Austin PHP Meetup Message Board › New PHP role in Austin Texas
This message board is read-only.
|A former member|
Our client is currently looking for a PHP developer to join their e-commerce team. Please feel free to call me directly Josh McCord at 512-231-3623.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and build websites using PHP
• Design and build web services using PHP
• Create and execute unit tests.
• Follow good code management practices using SVN
• Follow Continuous Integration build process.
• Participate in all Agile Scrum related activities, e.g., Daily Stand up meeting, Sprint Planning sessions etc.
• Troubleshoot and provide support
• Experience with PHP shopping carts like Magento, OpenCart, ZenCart
Education and/or Experience:
• PHP 5 development experience
• PHP Zend Framework experience
• Middle-tier/backend programming experience preferred
• Apache 2.2.x experience... modifying httpd configuration files
• Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns experience
• Web services knowledge
• Create unit tests in PHPUnit
• Standard SQL skills using MySQL
• Have a proven ability to successfully work with other team members across departments and levels of authority
• Excellent understanding of internet technologies and topologies
• Proven innovative thinker with ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Strong initiative, commitment, and a positive, *whatever* it takes attitude
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• C#.NET experience a huge plus.
I am looking for some part-time contracting work (10 - 20 hrs/week). If there is any interest, keep me in mind.