addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin PHP Meetup Message Board › WAMP

WAMP

This message board is read-only.

Jack
jofoha
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
What package do you guys recommend or use for WAMP to install on a Vista Basic laptop for development?
I was talking to someone after yesterday's, May 10, meetup about this. Was it Raj?
Is WampServer good or is there a better one?
-Thanks,
Jack
Howard K.
hkatz93
Austin, TX
Post #: 25
I cannot speak for many alternatives, but I liked XAMPP quite a lot when I was developing in Windows.
http://www.apachefrie...­

Currently, I have a more complex setup: CentOS Linux on a virtual machine in my Windows box. Not something I recommend for most people unless the need to develop on an identical operating system is great.