It's PUGkin TIME: Calling Committee Volunteers!
Monday, August 16, 2010 7:42 PM
It is time to start planning October's PUGkin Fest! If you are new to the club, the PUGkin Fest is a halloween costume contest benefit for Austin Pug Rescue. It is held in October!
We are looking for volunteers to help make this event happen! Here are the general details:
1. We meet every 2-3 weeks on a weeknight at the STarbucks at 2222 and Mopac/Highway 1. These meetings occur on either Wednesday or Thursday and usually run from 7:30-8:30 PM.
2. You will be asked to help. This includes item collection for donations, approaching businesses to donate, craft days to put together items for "raffle" baskets, the bake sale, setup, tear down, registration, etc. You will be required to assist on the day of the event, or to provide volunteers to take your place.
3. You need to be willing to have fun. No whining aloud.
4. On the day of the event (a Saturday in October) you will need to be available from 8 AM to 2 PM for the event.
5. You don't have to buy anything to be on the committee. Committee members often offer up their talents for posters, printing, etc, but this is not a requirement.
**NOTE: We all have pugs too who participate in the event. You will see as much of the event as possible! Thus the reason we would love to have non-pug volunteers.
Interested? I promise we are a cool group of people who love planning this event and we've been doing it together for years (I have to check but I THINK this is the 8th year). We LOVE to have new people who want to have fun with us!
Email me your info (email, name and phone) and I will get you the time and date of the first meeting!
See you soon!