Posting is CLOSED, due to the volume of files already up. Everyone is welcome to attend, but no further posts will be accepted for this meeting.
We are meeting on the Second Floor. We'll be on the side with the small seating area. It is OPPOSITE the side with the arcade and the big television. If you are facing the entrance of the enclosed dining area in the middle, you should go to your right. Please note the location is DePaul. We're doing this one at DePaul since our other venue may get busier during school sessions, and part of the upstairs there is currently closed.
The building is near the Fullerton Red Line and Fullerton Brown Line station, the Armitage Brown Line station, and the Halsted, Fullerton and Armitage buses. It is near Fullerton and Halsted.
If you want to come and observe or just give critiques and not post, you're welcome. New people are welcome. However, if you're posting a file, please read below carefully.
Based on the discussions on the Message board (LINKED HERE) and the May 16th meeting, we are making some rules, in addition to the usual guidelines (listed below them on this page).
1. Writer's can post only up to 5000 words (about 15 double spaced pages). To find out how many words are in your piece, see THIS LINK.
Exception: You may post larger pieces in unusual circumstances (i.e. every 3-4 months) if you get permission, in person, from the group at the previous meeting.
2. Writers must post 3 days in advance, but 4 - 5 days or more is preferred.
3. Unless described as "NOT for meeting critique", all posters should show up at their meeting (emergencies are of course the exception) as discussed here.
Please feel free to contribute to, and see our discussion on policy:
At meetings, writers share a piece of their work, and the people at the meeting share their thoughts.
Please go here to post your work and read work for the meeting (you must be logged-in to see all files):
Guidelines for Everyone:
- Anyone willing to give a thoughtful critique is welcome.
- Members participate, in discussion, on the piece. Some members give written feedback (Ex. on printed out work, by email).
- Please check for stories here (you must be logged-in to see all files). Please read at least some of each piece posted, for this date (see piece descriptions). If you are not sure what will be critiqued, feel free to email .
- It is good to read an equal proportion of each writer's piece. While it is best to read everything, if you are short on time, please read at least a couple pages of each.
Guidelines for sharing work:
- You may share your work, by posting here (highly recommended), or by bringing work to read aloud.
- If you post a piece online, yet find out you will not be able to attend, please email me, so that I can inform the group, out of courtesy for the group. It is especially great if you can email, about this, at least 3 days in advance.
- please email, if you are changing the date, for which you want you want your piece critiqued, OR you you have decided to NOT have a piece critiqued.
- Please do not put links or other promotion in the Files section (scroll down for explanation). Work must be shared as a file (no links for critique), or read aloud. This is discussed here.
- please email for approval if you are posting a piece for revision, which has already been discussed at a meeting. There are special procedures for this.
- When posting files, please indicate the date, of the meeting in which you want your piece critiqued.
Here is information about reading files, if you are having trouble seeing the work, on your computer:
Feel free to email with any questions or suggestions.