eVolution and Book Celebrations at
Author U Brunch & Learn on October 12th
eVolution is part of your publishing empire. It has to
be. Like a menu in a restaurant, eBooks are something that you should create
when you create your print book. Or create an eBook, than maybe, create a print
book. Then there’s an “a” book—audio.
eBooks now amount to 25 percent of all book sales… and there are strong indications of
a flattening of the market with a cross over now to tablets … yet many eBooks
can’t be read on a tablet and many tablet books can’t be read on eReaders, like
Kindle and Nook. What’s an author to do?
Designer Nick Zelinger will walk you through the step-by-step
process; how and why you need to think differently for your covers; what venues
you should use to upload and broadcast and so much more. There's lots to learn
and you will get the visuals and the how-tos to make your "e" empire
rock and roll.
At this Brunch & Learn, you will come away with:
· The How-tos of eBook formatting … what works and what definitely doesn’t.
· The differences between “fixed” formats and “flexible” formats and when you should
· What works in a standard eBook and what doesn’t.
· How to include art, tables, graphics.
· Why “e” covers need a twist.
· The ins and outs of Amazon’s KDP program.
· Strategies to market your “e” product line.
How to create a Match with print and eBook for max sales.
Book Celebrations can be a simple signing or a hoopla. How do
you create an event that is both awesome and successful … meaning your sell
lots of programs?
· Determining what type of event to create.
· Examples of alternatives to traditional book signings.
· Getting a crowd there.
Author U Chief Visionary Officer Judith Briles has been creating successful
author events for years. She's going to walk you through a variety to ideas to
launch and celebrate your book that takes you way beyond the table in the
bookstore. Be ready to come away with a flood of ideas to make you and your
book stand above the book crowd--she promises that it will be Snappy, Sassy
Cost: $30 for members, $45 for nonmembers
Date: October 12th Time: 10 am to 2 pm Location:
Doubletree SE, Aurora (225 and Iliff
Register Now: http://bit.ly/1hhYpvj