addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Pakistan Autism Meetup Group Message Board › World Autism Awareness Day

World Autism Awareness Day

Rizwan
user 11423505
Karachi, PK
Post #: 1
Dear members,
Aslam-u-alaikum. I am the father of an autistic spectrum child. As we all know the fourth annual World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, 2011. Every year, autism organizations around the world celebrate the day with awareness-raising events. How will we celebrate? Please submit your plans/ideas by emailing rizsalam@hotmail.com

My idea is:
I want to organize Walk for Autism Awareness in Karachi. The walk provides a safe, fun, family-centered atmosphere for parents and children of all ages. Please join us to promote autism awareness and support local autism-related programs.

Please send following details to us latest by Tuesday March 15, 2011.

Name of Child:
Parent/Guardian Name:
Contact Number:
Your Idea/Suggestion:
City:

Thank you for your input!

Kind Regards,

Rizwan us Salam
Cell: +92-300-3569523
email: rizsalam@hotmail.com
wajid
user 13566212
Karachi, PK
Post #: 2
Rizwan,

Awesome idea to celebrate Fourth Annual World Autism Awareness Day. My request for this group members to support this idea or submit your plans. I am working for "Autistic Children Institute in Karachi. I also want to join this awareness day with Autistic Children.

Here is the detail of Institute.

IBP, Institute of Behavioral Psychology
Special Education School

Institute of Behavioral Psychology is a multipurpose educational center. It is specialize in Psychological services, Educational and training services.

http://www.ibpinterna...­

AL-4, 14TH Lane, Khayaban-e-Bader, Phase VII, D.H.A., Karachi-Pakistan
Phone: 35841713, 35841714, 35841102. Fax: 35841703. Email:info@ibpinternational.com

Kind Regards
Syed Wajid Sallahuddin
Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 12
Dear Members
Assalam-O-Alaikum
I think as far as the awareness aspect is concerned, this phase is almost covered a lot and most of the parents are aware about the basics of autism spectrum disorder, now the next step required is some practical steps to be taken in this regard. I will request the parents to plan some practical steps to be taken in long term, on the eve of 4th Autism Awareness Day announced by UNO so that the concerned parents are helped out. I being the director of ARC Islamabad will also contribute in this regard as per my experience. Insha Allah.
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.
Malik
user 11620477
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 5
AOA!

I agree with Maj. Umair sb, we must plan now towards the meetup of parents & professional on 2nd Aopril, 2011 at atleast major cities of Pakistan.. plus one more thing that it is much easier and useful for all us.. i hope more and more professionals and parents will join hands.. i would love to contribute in any and everyway i can for this noble cause at "Islamabad".. What about you?

Regards
Nasir
Rizwan
user 11423505
Karachi, PK
Post #: 2
I requested to Autistic child parents of Karachi please participate and share your ideas on this forum.

Kind Regards,

Rizwan us Salam
Qazi Fazli A.
QaziFazliAzeem
Boston, MA
Post #: 90
for ideas, see

World Autism Awareness Day Pakistan 2008 events list

Some 2009 events for pakistan can be seen here

The 2010 event list for pakistan can be seen here

An archive of WAAD Pakistan 2008-2010 tv shows, interviews and talks can be seen at my youtube channel

I would like to thank these great people who were the pioneers in World Autism Awarness Day Pakistan events, Rukhsana Shah, Irum Rizwan, Saira Salman, Frank Chambers, Dr Zohair Najiani, Mehreen Rashid, Major Umair, the team at Department of Special Education, University of Karachi, Dr Maroof and Roohi Maroof (Centre for Autism, Gulshan-e-iqbal Karachi) and the hundreds of parents, doctors and special educators who have made Pakistan and the world aware about Autism.

I would like parents, doctors and special educators to come forward and hold events and activities for United Nations World Autism Awareness Day on 2nd April 2011.

Fazli Azeem
Rizwan
user 11423505
Karachi, PK
Post #: 3
Dear Wajid,
I am very glad to read your email. Could you please contacts with Autistic child parents of your school and motivate them to participate in this event.

Regards,

Rizwan us Salam
Rizwan
user 11423505
Karachi, PK
Post #: 4
Dear Fazli,

Thanks to informed past events details. Could you please encourage Autism activist and parents for participate in upcoming event and send ideas/suggestion on this forum. So we can do something for Autism awareness in Pakistan.

Regards,

Rizwan us Salam
Qazi Fazli A.
QaziFazliAzeem
Boston, MA
Post #: 93
If any parents or organizations have held WAAD 2011 events, post details or photos here, I will document them and upload them to the international UN worldautismawarenessday website

Special Kids INN at lahore held a special event, covered by newspapers

This is a video from Samaa TV
Muhammad Ali from Lahore reports on World Autism Awareness Day for Samaa TV

This is a Daily Times report by Muhammad Javed Pasha about World Autism Awareness Day 2011

This is an older report 22 March 2011 about the new Oasis school of lahore for children with Autism, that I posted about last year, fund raising by selling the art of their students.

We know of the Temple Grandin Film at the Autism Resource Centre at the Ma Ayesha Centre in Karachi.

Did any of these autism awareness walks take place?
Qazi Fazli A.
QaziFazliAzeem
Boston, MA
Post #: 94
A post from the Centre for Autism (CFA) in Gulshan iqbal town, Karachi.

A post from PakistaniHousewife.com­ about WAAD 2011