addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Pakistan Autism Meetup Group Message Board › WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY - 2016

WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY - 2016

Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 63
STEP TO LEARN/ AUTISM RESOURCE CENTRE
(Rehabilitation Centre for Special Children)

Assalam O Alaikum
Dear Parents
On the eve of Autism Awareness, STL is organizing a “Fun Gala”. Students will participate and perform in following ways, to entertain the audiences:
• Tableau.
• Poems/ Songs.
• Speeches.
• Skits.
• Food court.
• Fun activities.
• In door games.

Venue: Auditorium, National Institute of Special Education, Plot # 74, H-8/4, Islamabad (Adjacent to Federal Board Islamabad).
Date and Timings: Monday 4, April 2016. From 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Participants: Parents and professionals are cordially invited to encourage students and contribute in creating awareness. No registration is required.
For any query pl contact at 03005131154.
Allah Hafiz.
Maj (R) Umair Bin Tahir,
Dir STL/ ARC,
Isb and Rwp,
Fb: Step To Learn.

saima i.
user 197922088
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 13
What a wonderful initiative Major Umair, I hope that parents and families can make the most of it.
As I have been away for a while, I wanted to check with you about the books and CDS that were handed to you way back in 2011 for the parents of Rwp/ISB area, resources. How's that been going?
Thanks,
Saima Ijaz
Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 64
Dear Saima Ijaz,
Assalam O Alaikum
Nice to hear from you after long, thanks for the good words.
Resources provided by you to ARC by STL helped a lot in creating awareness among the parents and professionals in touch with STL. These are open to all many have copied the said books and CDs. Indeed it was a remarkable contribution by you, Saira and Irum. May Allah Almighty reward you. Aameen.
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.
saima i.
user 197922088
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 14
Walakum Salam Maj. Umair
Thank you for taking such good care of the materials and making it available to the parents and staff linked with STL. Some parents from Rawalpindi traveled to Karachi, for the resources and I thought that maybe it's difficult for you to make the stuff accessible to parents and professionals of Islamabad, Rwp area in general. We are wondering if the materials cud be moved to a place more accessible to the masses. Irum is very busy running the center in Karachi. Saira and myself are in Canada, but I can arrange for a few local friends to find a more appropriate and hire somebody so it cud be open throughout the week. Please advice and suggest.
Thank you
Saima Ijaz

PS: If there is something else that you can think of, to benefit the parents and professionals of STL and others, please don't hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to add to the material already there. Also if you could post the original list of books and CDs, I be able to judge what else can be added. Thanks again.
Qazi Fazli A.
QaziFazliAzeem
Boston, MA
Post #: 199
Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 65
Assalam O Alaikum
Details of the event organised by STL/ARC on the subject can be viewed on....
https://m.facebook.co...­
Autism Awareness program by PTV can be viewed on....
https://youtu.be/lQd8...­
For information please.
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.
Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 66
Dear Dr Saima Ijaz
Assalam O Alaikum,
The resources maintained by STL/ARC Rawalpindi and Islamabad, were donated by you, Ms Saira, Ms Irum and Ms Zubia in 2008/9 (May Allah Almighty reward you all), list of those was placed in the files section at that time (http://files.meetup.c...­. Further more STL/ ARC kept adding to that with the passage of time.
All these resources are maintained by the ARC run by STL and are in open access to anyone who approaches me. Even I had sent copies of few books to Lahore as well, to a parent who asked for it. Definitely it is not restricted only to the staff and parents linked to STL but it is for the ease and help of all who approaches STL/ARC. (In shall Allah).
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.
Saima I.
user 197891860
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 1
The link that you added, took me to a Roots & Wings Autism Center, not STL . Also I couldn't find the list Please be kind and cut & paste that list here. I will tell the concerned parents that they can approach you for an easy access of materials.
Jazak Allah Khair.
Saima I.
user 197891860
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 2
Saira, Irum and Nigar had come all the way from Karachi for my 2 day conference on Autism at Holy Family Hospital & Benazir Bhutto Hospital. I think that I met with you and your sister too. They had brought with them 2-3 suitcases full of books that were copies of what was available at MaAyesha Resource Center, Karachi. Those books were collected and donated by a number of colleagues and members and available to anyone who would show an interest. CDs, I brought with me and they were many cases, I forgot the actual number, but maybe close to 50 or so. I am not sure who Ms. Zubia is. I think you might be confusing Dr. Nigar with this name. Just wanted to clarify, thanks.
Umair Bin T.
user 10759691
Islamabad, PK
Post #: 67
Dear Saima Ijaz
Assalam O Alaikum
Regarding the file containing list of books it is on Page 2 of Files section under heading "CDs and Books Available at ARC Islamabad" it is a big list which will take much space over here. So anyone interested can see it over there. (I will request Saira also if she can put a search tab in Files section as well so that it is easier to find any required file).
As far as the delivery of books is concerned it is clear in discussion under head of ARC Islamabad in 2008,(Search tab can be used for it). Anyhow I am pasting few posts from that for reference:

thanks everyone...together we can make a difference, thats been our moto from day 1.
dear saira, were u able to contact dr. waqar azeem, to see if the transfer of books and cds could be made..with the busy routine and most of the physicians already left for pakistan, it might take us a few weeks to connect with the group if they didn't check the emails send to them.., however thats not a reason to worry, plz. keep most of the communication thru forum and i will try updating as much as i can, for me this is easier than individual emails and calls..
thankyou so much for helping me coordinate with rest of the groups in pakistan.
regards,
saima.

Dear Members
Assalam-O-Alaikum
I am extremely grateful for your kind messages of felicitations. Allah has been very kind and merciful. I was alreading helping and guiding the parents since 2001 and established a resource centre in 2005. But I feel proud and strong by joining a team which is making joint efforts for these children.
I pray, I measure upto the trust and confidence reposed in me and my team. Please remember me in your prayers for May Allah continue to bestow His blessings on us.
At the same time I appreciate and commend the efforts of dedicated members who are going all out in establishment and strengthening of national and regional ARCs.
Thanks.
Umair.

aoa maj. umair,
do let us know if you have been able to retreive the books and cdroms, either on the list or to saira..I am trying to set a time atleast once a week where i can teleconference and get all the updates, and then set the next target...thanks for your help and cooperation.
regards,
Saima ijaz

Dear Saima
Assalam-O-Alaikum
Sorry for the late reply, I have received 31 photocopied books from Dr. Farid. For remaining items he said he has to search for those. Anyhow I will again contact him and update accordingly.
Thanks.
Allah Hafiz.

Dear Saira and Dr. Saima
Assalam-O-Alaikum
It is to inform you that I have received 11 more books and 35 CDs from Dr. Ayesha Minhas. I have added those in the ARC resources and will update the files section accordingly. Thanks for the cooperation.
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.

thanks Major Umair for the generosity. i dont remember getting a valuable resource ever for free in pakistan so you are lucky members in Islamabad and rawalpindi that Major Umair is offering to give you that cd for free so grab the opportunity asap.
We have heard really good feedback of the workshop and I am sure it will be very beneficial for members who missed it.
saira

Mrs. Zubia another member also donated few books I think 5/7, which were added in the list.
I will further request if more related books or material can be contributed from the members abroad. If there is any cost for that I will pay that as well. For instance I require latest edition of Portage guide and not getting it here.
STL/ ARC is always there for any assistance to any parent or individual, monitory aspect was never the issue.
Taking the opportunity I will like to clear another misunderstanding which generated few days back in some mail by 2 x members, regarding the fee structure of STL. An affording child getting Academic skills, Behaviour therapy, Speech therapy and Daily/Self help skills, in good five hours a day pays Rs. 13000 per month to STL which is definitely not offered by any other organization in the twin cities.
At the same time STL also provides these facilities to non affording children who are either free or pay subsidized charges, only 25-30% children pay full fee. STL definitely does not get any donation form any forum.
I have a team of professionals which comprises of Behaviour Therapist (RBT qualified), qualified SLP/ SLT. Psychologists, Special educators and normal teachers as well (All are on paid roll of STL).
In view of above all facts, it is not possible for us to make all the parents happy for services, building structure or environment. Everyone has own standards and expectations in life. Me and my staff just work for the self satisfaction and Allah's sake, and definitely endeavor for the best within our limitations.
I never wanted to write all these facts but few posts on recent past forced me to put up the reality for all the members. Efforts of STL are regularly updated on our Fb page: Step To Learn (Any one interested can view it). May Allah Almighty help and bless all of us. Aameen.
Allah Hafiz.
Umair.