Hike Type: Loop
Distance: 19.5 to 22.9 Miles
Duration: 2 Days
Departure: Fri. July 10,[masked]:00pm
Return: Sun. July 12, 2009 (afternoon)
Starting Elevation: 2,400 feet
High Elevation: 5,200 feet
Elevation Gain: 2,800
Hikers Allowed: Novice to Experienced
Location: Mount St. Helens
Costs: gas share with drivers
- Friday: depart the park and ride at 2pm
- 2 and half hour drive to the trailhead
- Afternoon/evening hike approximately 6.1 miles to Tumwater Mountain where we'll camp Friday night.
- Saturday: 7.6 mile hike to Vanson Lake with possible 3.4 mile spur to Goat Mountain Ridge
- Sunday: 6.1 mile hike back to trailhead
This is a great hike for those who prefer solitude and quieter campsites. Located in the remote northern part of the preserve. This loop hike samples all of this little known area's charms: lush forest, possibly the mountains best waterfall, high ridgetop viewpoints, and a lovely mountain lake.
- Mountain Lakes
- Creek ford
If this is your first backpack trip, please talk to me before RSVPing.
PLEASE DO NOT RSVP IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO GO - THANK YOU
See you all on the trail!