A 5-6 day camp in the Neora Valley National Park, adjacent to the legendary Silk Route, on the borders of Darjeeling, Sikkim and Bhutan in the first/second week of January (dates flexible for now). Imagine a trekking and camping within the dense tropical forest (with many of the parts still inaccessible), with plenty of waterfalls, and streams of Neora river, under a clear night sky, eventually ending on snow, with Rachela Pass, the highest point, right in front of the majestic Kanchenjunga. And not just the geography, it is the best time to view the wildlife, birds & animals,, which consists of the almost extinct Red Pandas (36 in the region), Leopards, Leopard Cats, Clouded Leopard, Royal Bengal Tiger, Black Asiatic Bear, Barking Deer, Goral Deer, Himalayan Thar, Flying Squirrel, Musk deer, Civet, and the list doesn't end. Local Guides/Porter/Cook will travel along to easy the load.
Cost and itinerary will be finalized once the travelers are fixed. [I am just a backpacker arranging the trip, and have no share in the cost.]
Cost : Within Rs. 6000 to 7500 from New Jalpaiguri (NJP) if there are at least 6-8 people.
Day 1 : NJP to Mulkharka Village in a reserved car ( 5-6 hrs, 6,800 ft) & night stay in a homestay.
Day 2 : Enjoy Sunrise and Reflection of Kanchenjungha on Mulkharka Lake. After breakfast, trek to Bada Ramitey ( 8,000 ft, 5-6 Hrs trek ) & stay in a tent.
Day 3 : Trek to Rachela & stay there in a tent ( 10,320 ft, 3-4 Hrs trek ).
Day 4 : Enjoy Sunrise and Majestic view of Kanchenjungha Range with Bhutan Hills from Rachela Top. After breakfast, trek to PHE camp via Alubari ( 6 hrs Trek ) & stay in tent.
Day 5 : PHE camp to Choudapheri by trek ( 3 hrs ) & then drive to Lava ( 1 hr ) in a reserved car, then drive to NJP via Kalimpong ( 4-5 hrs).
1 day extra to be added in order to trek to Bhutan. Package Inclusions:
1) Accommodation : Homestay at Mulkharka Village and Tent during trek.
2) Food : Day 1 Evening Snacks to Day 5 Breakfast.
3) Driver's Bata, Daily allowances, food & lodging, Parking, Toll-Taxes.
4) Transportation: One Sumo / Spacio / Similar car from NJP / IXB / Siliguri to Mulkharka Village and Choudapheri to Lava and Lava to NJP / IXB / Siliguri return.
5) Local Guide.
6) Porter for food & Tent carry. Package exclusions:
Any meals other than those mentioned above.
Any airfare / train fare.
Entry fees of Neora Valley National Park ( Appx. 800 per head ).
Any portage at rail station/airports, during trek and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle disturbances, malfunctions, political disturbances, Natural Calamities like earthquake, flood, land slide, storm, heavy rain etc.
Any transportation which is not mentioned in the itinerary.
Booking Policy :
* At the time of Booking / Advance 25% of the total package cost.
* Before 2 month of Tour Start Date 50% of the total package cost.
* Before 15 days of Tour Start Date 75% of the total package cost.
* Before 3 days/After arrival at Station 100% of the total package cost.
* Minimum Documentation & Transaction Fees will be charged of INR 1000 per head as Cancellation charge for the tour.
* Maximum Cancellation Amount will depend on / applicable as per the Hotelier & Transporter's Policy (At per Actual) along with the fees said above.
Please Note : 1) In case of any hotel / car booking we have to follow the instructions mentioned in that particular hotel's / transporter's own booking & cancellation policy.
2) Hotel / Rooms are depending on the availability on the exact date of booking / Advance payment transferred from your part.
3) As its a hill area & the weather remains unpredictable through-out the year, so all the sightseeing points are depending on the Permit, current Weather & Road condition. In that case we are not responsible for the extra expenses caused by the factors beyond our control like any Natural Calamities like earthquake, flood, land slide, snow-falls, storm, heavy rain-fall etc or any train / flight delays, any roadblocks, any vehicle disturbances/malfunctions, any political disturbances, any local holidays etc.
: Important Requirements : 1) As per the Government policy, guest's are requested to carry their own photo identity proof & address proof (Voter's Id/Driving License/Passport/Aadhar Card) for the security reasons/permits/hotel check-in along with their recent 4 passport size photographs. 2) Also note that if the guest is non residential Indian please carry the passport copy with Visa (Must).
3) As its a hill area & the weather remains unpredictable through-out the year, you have to carry heavy jackets which must be warm & a good wind-stopper / wind-cheater along with few pairs of heavy shoes, socks, hand-gloves etc.
4) Phalut is depend on weather & road condition.