Please join Balanced Team NYC for a lively discussion of "Balanced Teams at Scale" on Sunday, February 5th from 1:30-4:30 PM.
We're hosting a series of lightning talks followed by a fishbowl format discussion about making balanced teams work in big organizations. Some of the questions we'll try to answer...
• How do you create a balanced team in a big organization?
• What are the obstacles to getting started?
• Where are balanced teams emerging? As innovation labs and product teams?
• What do balanced teams look like in this context?
• How do you coordinate the activity of multiple balanced teams?
• How do you handle problems like portfolio planning?
• What can we learn from people who are trying this now?
• Ryan Finley, Carbon Five - Operationalizing Balanced Teams at Enterprise Scale: Getting out of the Petri Dish and into the Business
• Jonathan Bertfield, Spinnaker Co.
• Mary Lukanuski & MJ Broadbent, Sr Design Directors, GE Digital
• Moderated by: Josh Seiden, co-author Lean UX and Sense & Respond
• 1:30-2pm Arrivals/Networking
• 2-3pm Lightning Talks
• 3-4:30pm Discussion and Wrap Up
• Carbon Five
• Capital One
• Rise New York
About Balanced Team
Balanced Team is a global movement of people who value multi-disciplinary collaboration and iterative delivery focused on customer value as a source for innovation. We’re a self-organizing group that learns from each other as we explore processes and methodologies to do good work with happy teams. We welcome people who wear many hats (design, development, testing, product management, marketing and sales, to name a few).
If you’re interested in Lean Startup, Agile, Lean, Agile UX, Lean UX, Devops, Customer Development – or anything else that values multidisciplinary collaboration and iterative delivery – we hope you will join the conversation!
Learn more about Balanced Team.
About Rise New York
Rise New York is part of a global community of the world’s brightest thinkers and doers creating the future of financial technology. We listen, nurture and oxygenate through our international network of Rise spaces, and connect, co-create, and scale innovation, in partnership with Barclays. Rise New York also houses a world-class event space and is home to the U.S. cohort of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars.