What we're about
What to know about The Baltimore Book Club:
• We meet monthly -- usually the last Sunday of the month (but can change due to scheduling conflicts.
• We meet in a restaurant in Baltimore City and we try to go to a new place every month and a restaurant that may be somehow related to the book. Some folks say they love us just for dinner!
• This is a casual club. Don't worry about being "prepared" for discussion. We love to read, but don't take it too seriously. Our conversations focus on the book, but often drift to other topics --especially other things we're reading or event the latest movie we saw. In other words, if you didn't read the book, you can still come!
• We're a diverse group. We range in age from 20s to 50s and have both men and women in our group. This makes some great, lively discussions.
• We'll read anything -- fiction, non-fiction, short stories, graphic novels, collections of essays, the latest bestsellers and the classics.
• We're democratic. No one person picks the book -- including the group leader. Everyone who attends book club brings in suggestions and the group votes. The best thing about this -- you never know what you'll read next. Sometimes you'll be surprised that you like a book that you may have never picked on your own.
• We don't review self-published books and don't take direct solicitations from authors.
• We sometimes do other fun, book related stuff. I often get movie passes for films based on books. I'll post these random events on the calendar. We also attend the Baltimore Book Festival in September.