addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jon B.
user 58201032
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 3
I have a neat idea for some consecutive meetups, but it would take some premeditation from a few members to be worth while. Obviously we all have shared interests (that's why we are here) but anime comes in such a dazzling variety, no two person's tastes are exactly the same. I am sure everyone has one series that they love that if they mentioned to someone else, the other party would be completely in the dark. So my idea is to throw a series of anime pot luck nights. Just say 2 people per meet up pick 4 eps of their favorite show or one movie to share with everyone else. Everyone interested would get a chance and it would work like a batting line up. Sound fun? Let me know what you think and hopefully we could the the ball rolling.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 56
This is a nice idea Jon! I feel Shawn had something similar to this where we did a meet or two where the theme was OMG Guys you have to watch this anime! There were a number of shows we went through. I feel like this could be a fun series though.
A former member
Post #: 3
You know I agree with any idea that helps us get out of the box, and try something different! :-)

Down to help in any way you need.
Rachel M.
user 19434801
Columbia, MD
Post #: 2
Since you brought this up at dinner on Saturday, I'd like to volunteer for picking some shows. Just let me know where/when to show up, and I will bring some shows I like. : )
Jon N.
user 96738152
Jessup, MD
Here's a couple of shows that might be good for a future Anime Pot Luck:

• Time of Eve (Eve no Jikan, original ONA version)
  • AnoHana
  • Summer Wars

I've got the blu-rays to all of them so there wouldn't be a need to stream them from Crunchyroll. Also, if you guys ever need a place to host the meetup we can use my house. I live in a single family detached house by myself so there's plenty of space. However I don't have very many chairs so people would have to sit on the carpet though.
Jon B.
user 58201032
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 9
Hokay, thinking of doing another pot luck in the not too distant future; at least before the end of the year. Anyone interested in providing a title (movie or 3 or 4 eps of a show is best) contact me and we'll start figuring it out. For anyone who missed out last time Rachel Morrison and myself provided Redline (super epic :3) and The Devil is a Part timer (super funny and slightly epic :3).
Rachel M.
user 19434801
Columbia, MD
Post #: 10
I would like to second Jon's nomination of Eve no Jikan! Great show, more people should watch it. It reminded me that I still need to check out the movie version.

(AnoHana and Summer Wars are great too, but Eve no Jikan is my favorite of those three)
Shawn
ScarletSpider
Group Organizer
Columbia, MD
I am going to do my OMG You Have To Watch This Meetup in January again. That was a little different from what you are doing Jon. Everyone who comes brings 1 episode of a show to watch that could be the 1st episode or any episode in a series that shows what it's about; and it could be a stand-alone episode or a cliffhanger to want to get us interested in the series (or chose from my collection or Netflix). I drew names out of a hat and we watched about 11 different anime episodes; some good, some bad, some WTF.

I do like watching a few episodes of a series to get an idea of it like you are doing, and having more of those would be a good idea.

The idea for my anime nights is to show a series that we can watch all of in one day, or movies with a theme. Obviously, I'm not going to volunteer for something because I'm already showing people something at my place every month. tongue
Jon B.
user 58201032
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 12
Hmm I like that idea, it's like a collage or a wine tasting of anime :3. Throw my name in the hat.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 59
I enjoyed Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve) also! I have Summer Wars and Welcome to the Space Show as well (two of my recent favorites). With school being intense over the next 9 weeks I"m not sure when I can make it, but I definitely hope to contribute to one of the future one's if I can't make this one.