addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baltimore Genshiken - Anime, Manga, Gaming, and Cosplay Club Message Board › Ideas and Suggestions for new Meet Ups

Ideas and Suggestions for new Meet Ups

Laz L.
user 6056737
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 3
Hey folks,

Do you have a great idea or event for the Meet Up group? Feel free to post ideas here or start a new discussion thread.

Laz
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey I'm new to this whole thing here and I'm not sure what you guys have and haven't already done, BUT I've got a few ideas. :3

1.I saw that you guys do gaming nights. I'm not sure of all the details but maybe a little Left 4 Dead Xbox hook-up, The new Capcom VS. tatsunoko is out. Very nice I must say. The gaming list goes on and on but I think you get my drift.

2.A Hiyao Miyazaki Movie Night. I mean who doesn't love this guy right?!

3.This might be a stretch but maybe a Do It Yourself Cosplay night? It'll be my 5th year going to Otakon and It'll be my first cosplay. My girlfriend is helping me build it(which I appreciate so much!!) but I know theirs others out there who may need help with some of there cosplays.

4.Anime Trivia Night. Not sure how to go about it but maybe a quiz or jeopardy type thing.

I hope this helps and get the creative juices flowing. I hope I'm able to attend some the upcoming meet-ups, my scheduled isn't set yet.
A former member
Post #: 2
Those are great ideas and we are thinking of having a gaming night in March. The main issue is the lack of TV's and consoles. Would you guys be willing to bring your own tv's and consoles?

As for number 3, Club Orpheus has had Cosplay nights in the past. When they have one again we'll be sure to make it a meet.

I'd love to do a Miyazaki Movie night, Spirited away is an animated classic. We'll see if we can plan this during the summer.

Anime Trivia night might be a bit harder to pull off. Would you be interested in writing the questions?
A former member
Post #: 2
TV and consoles aren't too much of an issue. You know if a few more people are willing to bring in consoles and TVs as well.

I've been wanting to go to Club Orpheus. I never knew they did Cosplay nights think I'll keep an eye on their site.

Summer would be PERFECT for a Miyazaki Movie Nite. So thats sounds like a good idea.

And I'll be willing to work with others to get the Anime Trivia together. I'm still not too sure how exactly it'll work yet but I'll think of the details. So this is sooo late,I've been pretty busy with work.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 3
I was actually thinking of hosting an anime movie night (extending beyond the great Miyazaki though), but I probably won't get around to it until the end of March/beginning of April -ish as class is keeping me busy. So if this is something we'd all like to do I'm open to having company ^_^

As far as the trivia night goes: did any of you guys (well both of you since this discussion is still sort of young) go to Otakon last year? They had a grand trivia thing, and if I can recall how it goes, we may be able to work that out. I would say each person could come up with like 5-10 questions on Anime they know pretty well and we all come together somewhere, mix the questions up and the organizer(s) run the trivia. They would also be responsible for coming up with prizes if any were to be awarded. Whadya think?

A former member
Post #: 11
Rudie, That's a great idea. Just tell me when you want to host and I'll set up a meet-up. I wouldn't mind watching some great Anime movies.

As for Trvia night, those are good suggestions but... would people actually come up with questions? Its been my experience that many people love to come to meet-ups but they don't want to do any work to set it up. I'm willing to do a trivia night if you guys are willing to.
A former member
Post #: 4
I actually do remember the trivia game. They had two. I'm not sure which one your talking about. I went to the "Press Your Luck" one which was all fancy. I think I could find the same template they used. I'm not sure about the other one. I'll be willing to help of course and I think I could get my girlfriend to give me a hand as well. Once the weather breaks a movie nite sounds good. A little too cold rite now lol. Even if I can't make it I would be willing to help out. I think I may do some research on the trivia stuff this weekend and let you know.
A former member
Post #: 1
yea a trivia game sounds really good. n of course i will help :D i have a few ideas about how to get it done.

I think a series nite would b good too. like we all watch one series thats like a throwback in time lol. like Voltron or something lol. i think it would be interesting.

I would love to do a Club Orpheus thing! i've always wanted to hit it up...just havent and i would love to help out with a cosplay help nite...im really good at helping with props n last minutes fixes.

All i need is a date, and then I can work on whatever ppl need me too :D
A former member
Post #: 14
E-mail me when you guys want to do the Trivia thing and I'll set it up. I don't mind hosting. Same with the series night.

Club Orpheus is holding a Video game Cosplay night on the 20th, Those are always fun. I'll wear my Ash Ketchem costume then.

Early April is the Sakura festival, but I would like to do some sort of mini-meet during the later half. Either another Sushi meet or something that doesn't require much work (for me).

May 1st is the Kinetic sculpture race in which you're encouraged to dress up in weird (but family friendly) costumes. Since this is a Cosplay group we could attend. I have plans to brandish my old Luigi get-up for that.

Other then those meet-ups, the sky is the limit.

Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 4
So I'm thinking we can do the movie night on 17 April (the weekend following Sakura Matsuri). My class should have wrapped up by then and I will need to kill some brain cells. I'm really looking forward to making it to one of the J-pop nights at Orpheus, but I know this can't happen until I get through these papers and projects O_o. I shouldn't even be online right now... matter of fact... I was never here *POOF*