addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baltimore Genshiken - Anime, Manga, Gaming, and Cosplay Club Message Board › Very Important question!

Very Important question!

A former member
Post #: 8
OK guys,

I've been giving this lots of thought lately and I haven't been able to come up with an answer.

Is Superman an Illegal Alien? Would the border patrol come after him? I mean, I know Superman has always stood for Truth and Justice, but does he now stand for the Unamerican Way?

BTW, feel free to use this thread to ask any other important questions you may have.
A former member
Post #: 3
Of course not. He already assimulated himself into america by law.

There you go...end of discussion.
A former member
Post #: 9
When did Superman became a citiizen?

Near as I can tell, Superman is an illegal alien. More then assimilation is needed to work and live in the United states. California and Texas are full of kids who know only english, do good in school, have lived in the US as long as they can remember, but because they weren't born here and their parent's aren't citizens, are illegal aliens.

Superman was born on Krypton, not America and thus isn't a legal citizen.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 2
He doesn't have a birth certificate, right? I mean he was "adopted", but there isn't any legal paperwork to go with that I'd guess. Does Clark Kent have a license? Or a social security number? How did the Daily Planet pay him? Probably under-the-table. If you consider the original time period of the Superman comic, then none of that matters. He probably didn't need a license to drive around on the farm, nor get a job with the paper. I'm pretty sure they probably made him an honorary citizen or something. BUT if they gave him an actual social security number then the government would know his true identity/alter ego. OR maybe there's some sort of protocol for abandoned children that is followed and thereby the necessary documents were generated for him... yeah... that's it.
A former member
Post #: 6
Well then wouldn't Wonder Woman also be an illegal alien as well? Unless she used her magic lasso to make people recongnize her as a U.S. citizen....uh...um....alot of explaining needs to be done here.
A former member
Post #: 12
Brian, Wonder Woman is a foreign national (Ambassador for the Amazons) and thus isn't a citizen and doesn't vote in American elections. She does have diplomatic immunity though, so it sort of balances out.

Rudell, Clark Kent was adopted by the Kents. He lacks a birth certificate but he does have a certificate of adoption.

A former member
Post #: 1
Superman has a lot of friends y'know... I'm sure he can just call someone up and have forged documents made. I'm sure it would be hard to keep his identity secret if he had no birth certificate.
A former member
Post #: 4
I would be very surprised if his adoptive parents never formally registered the adoption, got his permanent residency, and put him on the citizen track. Certainly, by the time he's working at the Daily Planet, Clark Kent is a citizen. Superman is a costumed vigilante... so he's got other kinds of legal problems.