addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Marcella K.
user 13814648
Columbia, MD
Post #: 5
Still watching Gundam Seed slowly and since finally Gintama has returned, I'm watching that, along with X-Men the anime that also just came out.
A former member
Post #: 9
Still watching Gundam Seed slowly and since finally Gintama has returned, I'm watching that, along with X-Men the anime that also just came out.

i'm watchin x-man too, still not used to hearing my favorite characters in japanese but i'll get there
A former member
Post #: 56
X-Men the anime? I remember X-Men the manga. Didn't look into it much (I didn't start getting into manga until two or three years ago), but it was pretty strange looking, from my perspective at the time.
A former member
Post #: 10
X-Men the anime? I remember X-Men the manga. Didn't look into it much (I didn't start getting into manga until two or three years ago), but it was pretty strange looking, from my perspective at the time.

i like manga better than anime. its more indepth and usually runs longer the the anime. not to mention no fillers
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 30
Fillers be damned. The end of the initial Naruto series was all filler after Sasuke left as far as I was concerned. That was enough for me to start reading some manga, but its hard to do for a series I'm already watching. The laziness, ya know. Plus the pictures move! But if I haven't started out watching moving pictures first, I can see me reading a manga -- when/if I have time to read for leisure.
A former member
Post #: 57
For me, it isn't that the pictures move, but rather that they are in color and often come with very good music. Manga and Anime are, for the most part, equal arts, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, though I've not really given the Maison Ikkoku manga that much of a chance, I did read the first volume at last years Otakon manga library on the last day (along with the first volumes of Inuyasha and Neo Genesis Evangelion), and I think the story and characterizations may be a bit more polished in the subsequent anime than in the initial manga... though I can't be sure unless I actually read further in.

I'd like manga a lot better if it were available on one of the major e-readers. That would be the "killer app" that would move me into that market. Tokyopop and Del Rey take note...
Marcella K.
user 13814648
Columbia, MD
Post #: 6
i like manga better than anime. its more indepth and usually runs longer the the anime. not to mention no fillers
That's true for some animes, but X-Men is only at its one episode, so we won't know if they will put fillers or not. 2nd episode is out tomorrow I think or later this week.

Finished Gundam Seed and moving onto Gundam Seed Destiny now. I might need a new anime to watch after I complete this one.
A former member
Post #: 11
i watch anime and read manga, but most of the time the manga is ahead of the anime and where as the anime takes seasonal breaks the manga doesn't. i started reading naruto manga cause it was about 300 chapters ahead of the anime and ofc no fillers lol. still love anime tho like im watching the xmen anime and yu yu hakusho (again cause i love it). wonder if i can find ronin warriors? hmmmmm....
Marcella K.
user 13814648
Columbia, MD
Post #: 7
Obviously any of the mainstream mangas has to be ahead of the animes which is why they put fillers and have breaks to allow the manga-kas to catch up and produce more animation for the fans; also to understand what would further happen in the story. Sure, fillers and breaks blow, but that's how it goes, when the anime takes up at least 300 episodes.
Edwin G.
user 7270091
Reisterstown, MD
Post #: 2
Hey!

Currently working through Slayers Next, Trigun, Solty Rei and now that netflix added a ton of instant ones I'll have to do overtime on the watching aspect this summer. Perhaps FMA Brotherhood.