1460 Koll Circle, Suite C, San Jose, CA
We dance and journey through the elements of Air, Fire, Water, Earth and back to our Center.
Every first and third Saturday of the month,
from 8pm - 11pm, in Los Gatos
(doors open at 7:30pm - newcomer orientation at 8:00pm)
Dance Elemental offers a unique expression of ecstatic dance culture, inspired by nature-centered spiritual traditions.
Become the dance, become the music. We dance and journey as a community to witness and remind ourselves of the beauty that we are. We are Air - Fire - Water - Earth and Spirit. Embody your divine nature.
Learn and grow from each element and work with its unique, palpable energy. Celebrate together and allow your inner light to be revealed!
Monthly - First and Third Saturdays of every Month
8pm - 11pm
Center for Creative Living
1460 Koll Cir # C, San Jose, CA 95112
$15 donation at the door.
Need More info? Cool... keep reading.
Basic structure: A large and beautiful sacred space for free-form dancing to amazing music in a loving community environment.
* Be moved by Live DJ with Live Drumming and Improvisational music too!
Bring your heart-felt intention and dance it into being. You are welcome to bring a token to represent your intention if you so desire, and place it on the Community Altar as we journey together.
* Areas set up for meditation, energy work, and community networking. Healthy snacks, tea and water are provided. All ages welcome! Young children should be supervised by parents/guardians.
Yoga Mats / Back Jacks / Chairs available. Feel free to bring your own yoga mats for stretching or lying down. We invite volunteer Reiki healers and other energy/body workers to attend the healing area. Other volunteer opportunities are available as well. Please send us your volunteer inquiries in advance for trade possibilities.
Even MORE about the Dance
* If you have never attended before, please take a few minutes to read. We also have a newcomer orientation at 8:00pm.
Dance Elemental is inspired by ecstatic dance culture and nature-centered spiritual paths. Though you may have attended other ecstatic dance events, Dance Elemental is a unique expression of this form. Music is selected to take you on a journey through the four elements that leads you back to your center (spirit). This is a container created for authentic self expression through dance, meditation in motion, deep play, spiritual centering and community.
Rediscover and liberate your heart of hearts together through dance!
We welcome all to the dance. Open your heart, and dissolve any blocks of judgment and fear. Move your body and soul to a handpicked mix of world music, tribal, funk, electronica, trance, ambient and much more. Short, guided meditations are spoken between sections to help transition us from element to element as we journey together through the experience. We are dedicated to providing this touchstone for individual wholeness, healing, growth, and community harmony.
What to expect when you arrive
Arrive to soft music. Check in first and then quietly find a place for your things. Be welcomed with a cleansing/smudge (sage or gentle mist). Relax, breathe and stretch as others arrive.
We will be called together for a welcoming circle, speaking of our names, brief orientation, and grounding meditation. Then the dancing starts.
* Not to be confused with the religious variety ;)
There are several "stations" around the edge of the dance area to help you with being present during the dance.
1. Drumming: There are an assortment of drums/shakers available for you to play. You may borrow available instruments or bring your own. Please attend children. The goal is to support the dancers by adding to the energy of the music. Sensitivity and awareness is key to holding the energy in the room... There is no dogma, just a few guidelines for everyone's enjoyment.
2. Tea Room: Need a refresher? We have a lovely table with healthy snacks to help re-energize and 'ground' you. A great place to chat as well.
3. Chill out zone: Need to be still for awhile? This is a cozy space set for meditation/stillness.
4. Healing: Feeling tapped? Reiki Practitioners and experienced Energy Workers from within our community are often available to offer their care to re-energize and align the participants. There may even be a massage table or special chair set aside for this.
5. Community Altar: This is a space for you to focus your energy and intention, or to draw inspiration from during the dance. You may bring something to place on or near the altar if you feel called to do so.
6. Community networking area: This surface is set up near the entrance so that we can get to know one another better. Bring your business cards and brochures, event flyers, freebies, etc. Please take a moment to look through the materials during the evening and collect anything of interest. Seek and ye shall find.
* Guidelines and Tips *
1. We kindly ask for no talking on the dance floor. This allows for people to go deeper into their dance and connect with their journey through the elements. (Chat and conversation is welcome in the tea room, outside, or very quietly just off the dance floor.)
2. Dance however you want. There is no right or wrong way. Listen to your body and move to the way it feels. Express who you are from the inside out.
3. Respect yourself as well as those around you. Please be mindful to make room for others as you move about the dance floor. Pay attention to your boundaries and the boundaries of others. Communicate through eye contact and body language. Be compassionate and aware. It is our highest intention that this dance is a safe space and sanctuary for community and individual self expression.
If you need space or wish to disengage with another in dance, simply put your hands together in prayer pose and gently bow. This is a clear signal that you want to be in your own space. Respect, always.
4. Bring water - mainly recommended for those who get very thirsty while exercising, or have a cold.
5. Wear clothes that make you feel good and are comfortable for dancing. Be expressive and colorful if you like, or just show up in your sweats. It's all good! Dancing barefoot or in socks is fine. Shoes are ok, but heavy tread shoes or heals are not allowed. Most dance shoes or slippers are great.
6. Do not bring alcohol or drugs.
7. Do not bring cameras.
8. ALL ages and genders are welcome.
9. Be yourself!
* Closing *
Afterward, we usually end with a simple heart sharing, with a few words spoken by those who wish to speak about what they experienced, and any gratitudes, etc. There is also time allowed for community announcements before we part. Remember you are free to bring flyers for your events and put them on the community networking table as well.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.